CSV file retrieving

Hello,
I have two questions relevant to server:

1. is it possible to retrieve the CSV file of my projects from the Blynk server, in order to perform post processing thru e.g. Excel ?

2. is it possible to use the same account for projects that use Blynk server and for projects that use local server ? Or have I to use an account for projects based on Blynk server an another account devoted to projects based on local server ?

Thank you indeed
Gianca

Hello

Do you mean exactly project structure? Or data that you send to app?

No.

I refer to a project in which a sensor is sending data to the app thru the Blynk server.
I’d like to have access / retieve the file in which data & time stamps are memorized.
In a topic I have read that the Blynk server saves the last 1000 data.

@Gianca you can get data from local server. Any value you send via server is stored. There is no limitation for 1000 values anymore. See https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server#raw-data-storage for more details.

Blynk Cloud doesn’t have this feature at the moment. By the way - what type of data processing do you need?

I will collect data (acceleration, tilting and velocity - obtained from an MPU6050 sensor) for a period of about 1 year. Data are memorized with a frequency of 1 every 15 minutes. I just need to graph them on a computer monitor thru a program like Excel or equivalent.

@Gianca doesn’t History Graph widget fits your needs? It does exactly what you need. All you need to do is

Blynk.virtualWrite(pin, value);

And value will be automatically stored.

Or you need graph exactly on a computer?

1 Like

History Graph is not suitable. It’s too small and doesn’t allow a good interpretation and analysis of the phenomena. I need a large graph with the possibility e.g. to select a portion of time domain.
So, I have decided to use a local server. Do you confirm that I have to register a separate account ?
Thanks for your time and attention !

@Gianca you could set up a PHP script to collect the data from Blynk’s cloud server at regular intervals and create the graphs from the data.

@Gianca I see…

Yes.

@Pavel big graphs…

Hi Costas,
Which is the system to collect the data from Blynk’s cloud server. Actually this was my first question of this topic.
Thanks

@Gianca you need the RESTful API offered by Blynk. Some details at http://docs.blynkapi.apiary.io/# and additional details here on the Community pages.

Thank you indeed!
Gianca

Or you need go to local server and just download .csv file :slight_smile:

Good and free system to collect data via GET -google docs.

@Gdemon what do you do when you come in from the pub to find the server is no longer local :slight_smile:

Can you please send me a link to the supplier for free servers that run on fresh air.

so far, it’s still free:

@Dave1829 and they provide local servers?

things like regression modelling & multivariate analysis require data, not pretty pictures :slight_smile:

no, just .CSV files when i get home from the pub :wink:

1 Like

“Local server” - any hardware or VPS with running local Blynk server. Go for dataFolder and get your .csv.

Or run script on google docs for save data from your get-requests and you can analize you data online. Free.

Thanks to everybody for your support !! Now everything is working fine !!