Create Push Notification over Flame Sensor

So how to fix the error?

Disconnect the WeMos and then plug it back in. espcomm is a common issue and certainly the Miniā€™s will upload at 921600 speed 90% of the time.

Ok, Iā€™ll try it.

I have try it again, and the error become more and more.

error: failed sending 0xC0
    error: failed sending 8 bytes
    error: failed sending 36 bytes
    warning: espcomm_sync failed
    error: espcomm_open failed
    error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
    error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

How to test the WeMos board? I still never test it yet.

Is it the full or mini D1?

Have you installed the drivers?

Which com port is it connected to?

Test with Standalone sketch.

Yes, I have installed driver CH341SER, library esp8266, and phyton 3.6.2. I use full WeMos and I use Arduino 1.6.11. The port is COM10.
But, where is that standalone sketch?
Is it esp8266_standalone?

yes thatā€™s right.

Do you have REAL WeMos or ā€œfakeā€ i.e. was it bought from WeMos (real) or elsewhere (fake)?

I have tried esp8266_standalone. There are still error like that.

I think itā€™s fake. What is the difference between the original and the fake anyway?

Some fakes donā€™t work.

Most do but you now need to ask on WeMos forum, even though you didnā€™t purchase from them.

If you sort out the espcomm and still have problems with Blynk please post again.

Do you have recommendations for which shield should I use? I think, itā€™ll better if I buy the new shield. I want to look for shield which there are many in market.

Take a look at this https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/WEMOS-D1-mini-Pro-16M-bytes-external-antenna-connector-ESP8266-WIFI-Internet-of-Things-development-board/1331105_32724692514.html and their website for the mini at https://wiki.wemos.cc/products:d1:d1_mini_pro

1. update the arduino ide to current version. 1.6 is obsolete!

2. afaik, you have to install python 2 not 3.

3. make sure you have a good quality data cable, not longer than 0.5m (not some cheapo charging cable)

4. if the above 2 points are valid, and still no luck, try reducing the baud rate to lower speed (512000)

1 Like

@wanek, I have followed your instructions. But, the error still there.

@Costas, here is my WeMos shield.

What do you think? Itā€™s original or clone?

Dunno, hard to tell.

See espcomm error discussion on GitHub at Fatal exception (28) Ā· Issue #280 Ā· esp8266/Arduino Ā· GitHub

@Costas, I think Iā€™ll just use USB serial because my deadline has been very close. After I upload the sketch, still nothing notif appear but the buzzer rang. I also have reduced the interval up to 10, but still nothing notif.

Another college project?

Just to be clear on Notify:

Android is OK, iOS doesnā€™t have it yet.
You need the Notification widget in your project and best set to PRIORITY of HIGH.
Notify isnā€™t a good widget for testing purposes. Serial Monitor access, using a USB2TTL adaptor if necessary, is essential until you know what you are doing.

Got lotā€™s of limitations and if I was your College lecturer I would dock you 50% just for thinking about it :slight_smile:

Paste your sketch and someone might take a look at it.

Yes, this project deadline has been very close. I have to submit this project draft to my campus as my final project tomorrow. This is just for temporary. I still will attempt to use WeMos for the connection. But, if the WeMos still being error, then I have no other choice beside USB serial.[quote=ā€œCostas, post:40, topic:15891ā€]
Got lotā€™s of limitations and if I was your College lecturer I would dock you 50% just for thinking about it :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Please donā€™t like that. I just have no choice, Iā€™m so hopeless because I have try many way but still no luck. By the way, Iā€™m so thank full for you @Costas and @wanek to help me to finish my final project. I wish, this project can be success.[quote=ā€œCostas, post:40, topic:15891ā€]
Serial Monitor access, using a USB2TTL adaptor if necessary, is essential until you know what you are doing.
[/quote]

I think, I need a USBTTL adaptor. I have set the PRIORITY to HIGH. But, still nothing notif.
Anyway, what should I do with USBTTL? Because, I have never used it :grinning: