BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Could not connect to port 9443 in your network

I just created a local blynk server on my computer and it was working. When i restarted the computer it shows “could not initialise connection to the server” on the app.
Please help.

Before creating the topic

1. Search forum for similar topics
  2. Check http://docs.blynk.cc and http://help.blynk.cc/
  3. Add details :
    • Hardware model + communication type. For example: Arduino UNO with Ethernet Shield
    • Smartphone OS (iOS or Android) + version
    • Blynk server or local server
    • Blynk Library version
    • Add your sketch code. :point_up:Code should be formatted as example below.

Simply paste your code between ``` If you don’t format your code, your topic can be deleted by moderators.

void loop()

Of course… restarting the PC does not automatically restart your Server… you have to figure out how to do that.

Ok. i was able to do that.

But if I want to use my app and hardware outside home(where i wont have my computer) , how could i use my app and hardware?

Port forwarding for the router, possibly DNS redirect for the App and Hardware IPs and leaving the computer running of course.

can a local server be installed on the phone itself?

No, not successfully that I am aware of.

Most “portable” use cases have a RPi on battery for the Local Server and AP (WiFi access point) that both the phone and hardware connect to. Search this forum for such.

i would really appreciate if you could explain it a bit in simpler terms…

:smiley: that WAS the simple terms… learning the how-toos will require you researching port forwarding for your router type and such.

As for the DNS redirection, I use noip.com

This is why Local Server is generally considered “Expert Level” as there can be much learning involved.

:disappointed_relieved:I enabled port forwarding on port 9443. But I’m still not able to use local server outside home using cellular data.

I havent done anything for DNS though…is that the problem?
(i’m using dsl 224)

I am not very good at these portforwarding stuff though…Kindly help
: