Connection problem app-->Server LAN

Got it. Although using the app as a On-The-Go (aka in and out of the home) style of keeping in touch with our IoT gadgets, wouldn’t having dual LAN & WAN setting be a significant benefit to Blynk?

I’m glad you asked :wink:. And here is where math takes place. Local server using 9% of Blynk users. And suppose ~1/3 of them need this feature (according to feedback here). So in general it affects 3% of users only. Right now we have better things to do :slight_smile:. Sorry. But we are very limited in resources.

1 Like

Excellent and informative response… much clearer then:

Thank you for taking the time to explain :+1:… I didn’t realise Local Server was such a minority (it seemed heavily promoted in the forum)… And I had jumped on that wagon (Local Server) before progressing much past blinking an LED :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know if it can help…
I am running a server on a Raspberry Pi, and I’m using no-ip service.

Didn’t know why, sometimes I could access from my android phone, and sometimes I couldn’t.

Now I have just realized that I had problems with autocorrection on the phone.
When I typed the url ‘myaccount.ddns.net’, the phone was automatically putting an empty space at the end of the url, getting something like 'myaccount.ddns.net ’ (note the space at the end).
When I removed that space, I could access, being on local network and outside the network.

Perhaps the app should take care of this spaces…

That would not be a normal process for any login protocols that I can think of… bullet proofing a login so “user mistakes” are autocorrected can negatively affect security by subtly indicating what is and isn’t considered a valid entry.

However, simply changing the setting in your keyboard app to NOT add a space whenever pressing the return/enter key should solve your particular issue.

Hey Guys,

I recently was faced by this problem. I am using Blynk Local Server and i changed my ISP router.

The new router doesn’t allow me a NAT LOOPBACK, this means that if i use a dynamic dns i cant be connected to my app when i’m at home with my WiFi.

I manged how to solve this problem changing the DNS Server at my Handheld devices.

If you are using a Local Server, it means you can have a DNS Server. Thats all you need.

I configured my DNS Server at my NAS (Synology), but you can do it at your RPi.

However, @Costas i think the app is having a problem in the sharing part,
With my procedure, i can in my master device, using only Dynamic DNS be always connected inside or outside my house… but… when i share my sketch, the IP that the app assumes is the one your are using at the moment. For example… if i am using DynDNS and my mobile network connection it assumes a WAN IP, that doesn’t upgrade when i change to wifi. (in my master device is always saying in the info part… Server: LOCAL (myadress.dns.com)… and my shared device… it assumes the ip Server:87:45:32:12… for example… the opposite has also the same problem.

Any fix for this?

Best regards,

Pedro

@Flyingpeter Please take note of Time/Date stamps prior to posting. You are reviving an old topic, that has already looped around a few times.

With Local Server access from both internal and external addresses, you may need both a DNS service (that should allow connection even if a direct IP loopback is prevented - maybe or maybe not… Google it to find out :wink: ) as well as proper port forwarding on your router.

However, if this somehow doesn’t work, and since there is only one option for IP address in the Blynk App, then your choices are manually reentering the correct IP as required (a big pain), use seperate devices for home and on the go use (an equal pain) or Google your router options and/or work with your ISP to allow or workaround the NAT loopback restriction… but that is something you have to determine on your end.

@Gunner thanks for your answer. I know it is a 1 year old topic. In all my search i found other topics related to it with zero solutions. And as you saw (if you read my post till the end) i have this issue solved using only a dynamic dns on my app. This way i can use my blynk app even in wifi or 3g without chane the server address in my app.

So, reviving a topic i know it’s boring but i didnt ask you guys, again, the same thing. I told the comunity that IT IS POSSIBLE.

And as I told in my post… it only doesn’t work with a shared device (via QR code) that doesnt manage the Server Address in a good way. That’s why I reported the problem. I also test it changing the informarion of the QR code but o think it has a bug.

There already was a solution (different router, DNS service, etc.), and it was mentioned before… but seeing that it is NOT really a Blynk problem, neither is the solution.

And this has nothing to do with the OP. Sharing appears to have been meant as a demonstration, not a long term solution. Use shared accounts for stable multi-user devices.