Connecting over USB

I downloaded the app, signed up and got the auth token
I also downloaded the library and imported it
I have a arduino uno connected over usb to my computer but which example do i have to use???

Hi. Thank you for your question.

Arduino library supports different shields to connect to internet. From your description, I understand that you have USB connection only, so this would be BoardsAndShields -> Arduino_Serial_USB example.

Let me know if you have any other connectivity, other than USB (Serial).
Hope this helps!

Iā€™m getting the same issues.

Hi
thanks for your answer
I have tried it with your example,but it worked neither.
So i tryed it with my ethernet shield
But i open the ethernet example
Then i put my token where mytoken is
char auth[] = ā€œmytokenā€;
then i upload it an press play in the app.
then it says Arduino uno is offline.

@Ferdi

this message is most probably saying either you didnā€™t put correct auth token, either it is outdated, please check carefully token on dashboard is corresponds to those one you uploaded to board.

@Ferdi,
Please take a look at Troubleshooting page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your great support :wink:
Iā€™ll try this and will give you feedback later on

@vshymanskyy
Now it works with my Ethernet Shield
Everything Works perfectly
But i have another question
If i use the Graph that Shows the Data of my Temperature sensor it only Shows a number between 0 and 1023
but i want that value shown as a temperature in Celsius
I think i have to Change the code for that so could you please give me an example how this code may Look like?

@Ferdi,
You should use virtual pins for that. Please look at GetData and PushData examples.

Iā€™m trying to connect over USB but keep getting the below and the app says my UNO in not in network. Iā€™ve unpluged the UNO, closed/reopened Arduino IDE but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Connecting device at COM6 to cloud.blynk.cc:8442...
OpenC0C("\\.\COM6", baud=9600, data=8, parity=no, stop=1) - OK
Connect("cloud.blynk.cc", "8442") - OK
InOut() START
DSR is OFF
Received EOF
EVENT_CLOSE
InOut() - STOP
Disconnect() - OK
InOut() START
DSR is OFF
Received EOF
EVENT_CLOSE
InOut() - STOP
Disconnect() - OK
InOut() START
DSR is OFF
Received EOF
EVENT_CLOSE
InOut() - STOP
Disconnect() - OK
InOut() START
DSR is OFF

@xc0de,
This should workā€¦
Please try pressing reset button on Arduino, then launching the script, and releasing a reset button.

Anyone else having same issue on Windows?

2 Likes

Hi,

I had the same issue.

Your workaround worked for me.
After uploading a new sketch (via USB), I have to reset my arduino, start the com2tcp script, and then reset my arduino again. After that the connection works.

Greetz, Geert.

1 Like

@xc0de, @greyfairer,
we will try to investigate this issue for futute releases.

Š¢Š¾ Š¶Šµ сŠ°Š¼Š¾Šµ windows 7

i followed all the instructions, download the library and upload the Arduino_Serial_USB, and double check the token, and still saying the same, ā€œyour arduino UNO is not in networkā€, and in the script i write --help and it try to conect over and over again, iā€™ve already expend 2 hours in this and iā€™ve no idea :confused:

@CRheyd, In most cases you donā€™t need to modify the script, just specify the PORT of Arduino, when you run it.
Please provide output of the script and Arduino (if you have it), so we can investigate your problem.
Thanks!

Sorry, new users can not upload images (seriously ? :cry: )
i upload the sketch to my arduino, and then open the script it already say COM7, and in the IDE of arduino it says COM7 too, so itā€™s the same, and in the app it said the same ā€œyour arduino UNO is not in networkā€

your arduino UNO is not in network

It also could be a case when auth_token in sketch doesnā€™t correspond to those one in active dashboard. Please double check this.

Stupid question maybe,ā€¦ but did you run the script ?
I mean: Not just ā€˜openā€™ it but run it (as a programm)

I forgot on first try and got a ā€˜Arduino is offlineā€™ error untill i did what had to be dun ā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

i was actually running it as a programm and it didnā€™t work
then i try to open it (instead of run it) and i edit it in the bloc of notes, change the default COM port, to the port that my arduino usually has, save and close, and then it work just fine :smiley: