Conflict using BluetoothSerial.h & BlynkSimpleEsp32_SSL.h

Hi, I am using a Bluetooth thermal printer connected to Blynk, so i use Wifi and Bluetooth with an ESP32 board and this issue appears:
[72060] Connecting to blynk.cloud:443
[72060] Secure connection failed

If i use BlynkSimpleEsp32.h and BluetoothSerial.h , everything works perfectly, but i want to add Blynk.edgent() that uses BlynkSimpleEsp32_SSL , and the issue appears.
My conclusion is that if i use BlynkSimpleEsp32_SSL.h and BluetoothSerial.h there is a conflict.

Reading those .h files (from https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/blob/master/libraries/BluetoothSerial/src/BluetoothSerial.h, and https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/master/src/BlynkSimpleEsp32_SSL.h) , i found out that both have the sentence or function bool connect(), so i suspect that there is the problem but i do not know how to solve it.

My conclusion is that using those .h in the same code makes conflict, but i understand that i cannot modify those files, so i need help with that.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried editing the BT library to change that public function name to something else (bool BTconnect() maybe), and amend your sketch accordingly?

Pete.

Hi, i am still trying to solve this. My test code is this:

// Fill-in information from your Blynk Template here
#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID ""
#define BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME ""

#define BLYNK_FIRMWARE_VERSION        "0.1.0"

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
//#define BLYNK_DEBUG

#define APP_DEBUG

// Uncomment your board, or configure a custom board in Settings.h
//#define USE_WROVER_BOARD
//#define USE_TTGO_T7

#include "BlynkEdgent.h"
#include "BluetoothSerial.h"
#include "Adafruit_Thermal.h"
BluetoothSerial SerialBT;
Adafruit_Thermal printer(&SerialBT);
uint8_t address[6]  = {0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX};
String name = "";
const char *pin = ""; //<- standard pin would be provided by default
bool connected;
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(115200);
  delay(100);

BlynkEdgent.begin();
  SerialBT.setPin(pin);
  SerialBT.BTTbegin("ESP32test", true);    // master = true

//connected = SerialBT.connect(name);
  //connected = SerialBT.connect(address);

if(connected) {
  } else {
    if(!SerialBT.connected(10000)) {
      }
  }
}

void loop() {
  BlynkEdgent.run();
}

I assume that the problem is not the function connect() as mentioned before in the .h files. If you comment de line SerialBT.BTTbegin("ESP32test", true); and upload this code it works perfectly, but if it is there i get:
[72060] Connecting to blynk.cloud:443
[72060] Secure connection failed

In response to that, i did. I have tried changing every word in the .h and .cpp files but still nothing.
Also i tried to change the name where it says begin in those .h and .cpp files.
Any Idea?
Thanks in advance.

anyone?

Hi @rodrigo5182

Have you found any solution yet? I’m actually exploring a similar use case like yours, in which I need to use my ESP32 Wifi and Bluetooth capability together. The wifi is for making connections to Blynk, and the Bluetooth is for me to connect my finger tracking glove to ESP32 to control my device.

I came across this video by techiesms, looks like he just added a function call btStart() in the setup and then his application starts working. You can check out his project explanation over here