Compiler error message

Hi Costas,
I am working on the same code and got couple of issue. The above mentioned steps helped me a lot and I got new error and it looks like this. Can you plz help to find out the issue.
In file included from C:\Users\MyPC\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa12248.17867\DHT11nodemcu\DHT11nodemcu.ino:34:0:

C:\Users\MyPC\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk\src/BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h:18:21: fatal error: version.h: No such file or directory

#include <version.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

I’ve moved this post to a new thread, because the old one was three years old and a lot has changed in terms of Blynk and the ESP core since then.
In addition, the old thread was very messed-up, as the OP stated off wanting to use the ESP as a Wi-Fi modem for a Mega and ended-up using it as a standalone board.

My guess is that you haven’t installed the ESP core within the Arduino IDE, but it would help if you confirmed this, and provided full information about exactly what hardware you’re using, what it is you’re Hopi g to achieve, what Blynk library version you’re using, and what version of the ESP core you have installed.
It would also be useful if you could turn on Verbose messages in the Arduino Preferences menu and post your full compiler message.

Pete.

@Samtech you should update your Arduino ESP core to the latest version

thank you for the reply.

thanks for the reply, I tried to update the ESP8266 Node MCU but having some problem. But I now am sure where to focus on.

In the Arduino IDE go to Tools > Board > Boards Manager
Scroll down to the bottom of the list of boards and you should see an entry that says something like esp8266 by esp8266 community.
Make a note of which version is installed, and let us know the result.

Pete.

I have the same issue with the latest version (2.6.1) installed

Probably best to start a new topic and post your full details, including code and the exact error message.

Pete.