Comments about "My home automation projects built with MQTT and Node Red" topic

Hi @Ze_Pico, I’m making some fairly substantial changes to my Node-Red setup in Spain at the moment (in between doing some plastering, painting and electrical work), so I’m not going to import your flow into my system at this stage, as I don’t want to risk breaking anything.

Considering what it is you’re trying to achieve, including the integration into numerous other systems, the flow looks well structured and straight forward. It looks like you’ve made quite a bit of progress!

It might be worth you re-reading this post:

Especially the bit about how I did the countdown timer and how the remaining time in minutes and seconds is calculated and outputted to a widget to display the remaining time. I used a switch widget for that, but you could use a labelled display if it works better for you.

Pete.

If you duplicate your SD Card there is no risk breaking anything :smile:

nothing hurry, I can wait until you finish all your works and have time to test it.

I tested your flow 3 weeks ago & it was working fine.
what I didn’t like, that you use Alexa temperature (deg) to set the timer (sec).

mean while I will try to complete it by myself .
I usually try the easiest way as you are an expert in Java Script.
Thanks.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@PeteKnight
I am trying to understand why topics are split moved or closed?

I’m planning to add some more articles to the MQTT home automation thread but and it had got a bit messy, so I’d asked @Gunner to move the comments into a different thread.
I want to try and make it easy (and not too off-putting) for Node-Red virgins to follow the thread and hopefully have a go for themselves.

This thread should be a useful resource for people who want to get into a bit more detail. Two different target audiences, hence two different threads.

Pete.