Cloning Project From Local Server Fail to Scan

HISTORY: Started with Blynk Cloud - Yea! Created 3 different apps (Lets call them C1, C2, C3)- and had a blast - and they all work. Decided to move to a local server - did a CLONE from the cloud to the local server - all 3 transferred perfectly (Now call L1,L2,L3) YEA again. Built a 4th app (L4) which only exists on the local server. It works fine too.

CURRENT CHALLENGE:
Wanted to make a CLONE of L2 (app which was cloned from the cloud C2 and is now on my local server). The QR code is created but when scanned fails with “Not a valid Blynk QR Code”. Bummer.

MORE TESTING:
Repeated this with L1 and L3 (again from within the local-server) - these QR codes also fail. Cloned L4 (which was created on local) - and behold it works - (Interesting note: the QR code has about 4x the density as the QR codes from Cloud apps).

STILL MORE TESTING:
Found the old QR codes which were created on the CLOUD server to initially transfer the Apps - And these QR codes scan fine (i.e. I could get C1, C2, or C3) perfectly fine (although they are older versions and not desired).

HELP – I can rebuild stuff from the older cloud version - but concerned that I have something mis-configured on my local server - OR ???

NOTES:
Running the latest version of the iOS app 2.26.0 (9)
Just updated my Local server (about 3 days ago) to 0.41.5 on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the latest Java

More likely there is just some limitations (as referenced in other posts I recall) with transferring QR info between different servers and across different phones (Android & iOS)… as in it simply doesn’t always work :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. Perhaps something the Devs are working on in Blynk 2.0?

I appreciate the response - and have read through a lot of the threads. However it seems very odd that I am on the same local-server and the same phone (iOS). And that the one built on the local-sever works and with a very different looking QR image (about 4x the complexity). Anyway - hoping someone may have a clue to make it work.

Thanks again.

No considering that in a few past posts it was mentioned that the Devs changed how the QR works (Server link instead of containing all the JSON (or whatever) data.

That and how Android and iOS are really different software :stuck_out_tongue: and appear not to share scanned QR data equally.

Making it work is more like rebuilding from scratch, then creating and saving a QR for each different server it is off of.

At least until vast new improvements (hopefully) appear in Blynk 2.0

Oh, yes… make sure you are running the latest Beta versions of both Android and iOS apps to have the latest 'fixes"

So after looking at the QR code with a normal bar scanner - I realized what the issue is - at least for me.

The QR code has data something like this:
Blynk://token/clone/########…######?server=(server name).

The sever name is gotten “i assume” by reverse DNS - and since mine is a local server - i gets the server from my DDNS provider. And I know this is dynamic because I just changed DDNS providers and the new code tracked it.

That all seems to work fine - YEA. However the issue is that I dont have the normal ports opened to my local server - I use port forwarding. So port 9443 for SSL is forward from 1443 and 8080 from 1080. Well that is NOT included as part of the ServerName.

Now if I forward those ports directly 9443 to 9443 and 8080 to 8080 - BEHOLD it all works.

So I can “get around it” for myself easily enough (just play with the router) - but it does not solve it when I want to provide something to “others”.

Anyway - this may help others - or not :-).

We can can mark this SOLVED - since it is understood. Still think Blynk could do something to make this viable - or easier.

They might with Blynk 2.0

But they might also lock down a lot of things that are currently being used in semi-commercial venues so as to not compete with their subscription based operation.

I say this based on this reference to a Local Server seemingly being only allowed one account??..