Client and Server (or App and Server) on same device

There’s a way to use only 1 device to control blynk? like, server for android smartphone, or an app for windows desktop?

i have a windows 10 tablet and i’d like to use only that device to code and run blynk, it’s possible?

No, you have to use two devices and a network at the very least I think?

Otherwise what would you be Blynking?

As long as it runs Java, why not? As Dave says, not much use, but I think it can be done. I use my Raspberry Pi in the same way, both as client and server. I’m just not sure there is an App for Windows Tablet. I think it’s Android/IOS only.

maybe i didn’t explain so well, i have a controller (d1 mini), a tablet with windows 10 (desktop version, can run java and can run blynk server) and an android phone.

i want to get rid of the phone (or the tablet) and control the d1 mini using a local server (without internet) and the frontend app on one device only, but if i can’t run server on smatphone or the app in windows, there’s only one solution:

a hotspot app for the tablet (to let the d1 connect to the tablet without a router)
a android emulator for windows
blynk server on windows
blynk app on emulated android

could this work?

well, it sounds like you DO have two devices and a network, so maybe hotspot is the way to go?

i would love to hear how it works out, some of my mates have Blynk ‘desires’, but no home network…

@MarcoMod there is a Windows program called BlueStacks that lets you run many Android apps, unfortunately Blynk doesn’t appear to be one of them. I tried Blynk with BlueStacks some months ago and again today, no joy.

You could use a Windows machine and the API and drop the Android app.

Or load the IDE onto your Android device and drop the Windows machine http://www.instructables.com/id/Connecting-an-LCD-to-the-Arduino/?ALLSTEPS

bluestacks it’s too heavy for a tablet, i’ll try some other emulators

You can run server on PC and login to it via tablet. No need to bluestack.

Bluestacks is not for the tablet it is for your super powerful Windows machine but as I said Blynk doesn’t run on Bluestacks.

how? to control things don’t you need the app frontend?

PC and tablet makes 2 machines and the OP indicates he wants to use 1 machine.

Look up Blynk’s API.

Can’t you run everything from the Android Phone? I assume it’s possible to run the Java server on that, not sure though. That way you can run the server + app on the android phone and have your Wemos connect to the android.

so far i’ve tested:

run server on windows + genymotion to run blynk app = works

but the wifi card of my tablet doesn’t support hotspot mode so i can’t direct connect wemos to it, i’m tryin to find a way to launch jar on android but haven’t found nothing yet (except 2 software from 2009, android 2.2, useless today)

I thought you were looking to use one machine to do everything yet you now make reference to a tablet and a Windows machine? Do you want your system to be portable i.e. for the WeMos to connect to a hotspot when there is no router to connect to?

Can your Windows machine be the hotspot if you add a 3G dongle?

i want to use one machine, the windows tablet OR the android phone, after the first test, i know that i can’t use the tablet cause it doesn’t support hotspot mode, so i’m triyng now with the android phone, but i need to find a way to run the server on the phone

hello @MarcoMod, did you managed to run blynk server on android? i’m also intrrested in this.
thanks!

I’ve been trying to get Java running on Android, which actually worked to my surprise, but as yet I’ve seen no way to run the Blynk server on that said Java. It may work with a rooted system, but my phone is stull under warranty, so I cannot check that.

With a Windows Phone it would probably be easier.

@Lichtsignaal what tools did you use to add Java to your Android?

I can’t really remember, but I tried a bunch. One, I think, had a CLI interface, but it couldn’t start the JAR file.