Can't select BLE or Bluetooth widget

Hi friends. I cannot selecting BLE or Bluetooth widget in Blynk android.the project board is arduino 101 and smartphone is sony xperia z ultra with android 5.1.1

Check App permissions.

1 Like

Permission already is allowed.

Well, as far as the App is concerned, the phone says it doesn’t have any such devices…

Try removing, reinstalling the App… confirm permissions and confirm that the BT radio is even turned on.

https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiazultra/userguide/bluetooth-wireless-technology/#gref

Googling your phone model, there seems to be lots of references to BT issues…

This message means that you have no devices in the project, that have Bluetooth connection type.

1 Like

That would make sense…

@ErfanDL You can’t use what you don’t setup :slight_smile:

However… does your Phone support BLE, or only BT?? I suspect it is only BT, while the Arduino101 is only BLE

1 Like

I guess that device with Android 5.x should support BLE

1 Like

Yes… finally found specs that, while don’t say BLE, do show 4.0 :stuck_out_tongue: so should work…ish…

1 Like

I setup the project with arduino 101, but BLE can’t be selectable. The phone is supporting BLE I use two smart watch supported with BLE and working without any problem.

@Gunner @BlynkAndroidDev

Ok. I compiled an example for ESP32 BLE. I paired my smartphone with Blynk bluetooth device then going to the app and make a project with ESP32 Dev board but again bluetooth or BLE widget cant be selectable

You need to open your project’s settings, go to devices in it and add a new device with BLE connection type, or change your current device’s connection type (probably, from Wi-Fi) to BLE

1 Like

I do it but nothing !

I’ve checked - it works fine.

If you want to add BLE widget:

1. Go to project settings
  2. Scroll to devices block
  3. Add new device and set up it’s Connection Type as BLE / Or select existing device and change it’s Connection Type to BLE
  4. Go to widget’s box and you will see that BLE widget is available to be added.

If you want to add Bluetooth widget:

1. Go to project settings
  2. Scroll to devices block
  3. Add new device and set up it’s Connection Type as Bluetooth / Or select existing device and change it’s Connection Type to Bluetooth
  4. Go to widget’s box and you will see that Bluetooth widget is available to be added.
2 Likes

You screenshot of project’s settings shows that your device is configured with WiFi connection type

1 Like

please forgive me. It was my mistake.
Thanks the problem is solved :blush:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Trying to connect a particle photon via a JDY 08 BLE bluetooth module to my Blynk