Can't get my first simple project working(turning an LED on/off)

(I tried to put copy/paste my code and the log output here but I got a msg indicating I could only include 2 links as a new user… I don’t know why)
Nothing happens when I toggle the button.

Iphone
HiLetgo ESP32 OLED WiFi

Familiar with Arduino, first time using Blynk

Used example sketch to turn an LED on/off.

Sketch compiles fine. Seems to run fine:

19:31:39.678 → [22077] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:80
19:31:40.201 → [22608] Ready (ping: 309ms).

I know Blynk is listening because, as an example, I get the message:

“Online since 07:31PM Mar 23,2021”

I set up a button and chose:

GP13 0 - 1
Switch

I wired up an LED/resistor and tested it with an external power supply before I hooked it up to the ESP32

That’s because you weren’t putting your code between trip[le backticks.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

TBH, I’d recommend using virtual pins rather than digital pins in the app.

Have you tied a non-Blynk sketch to successfully flash this LED when it’s connected to pin D13?

What board type did you select in the app?

Pete.

Thanks for all that Pete. Good information. Since I first posted I have got a much better understanding of the environment. I can navigate the Blynk app pretty good now (for a newbie) and have found how useful virtual pins are. Not sure why but I got the LED on/off fixed by changing the digital pin from 13 to 2 and it started working.

Maybe you are using the nodemcu so the built in led is on GPIO 2 or D4 (note the D numbering is different from the GPIO see attached)

Thanks Dave. As noted in my previous post I did change to GPIO 2 and it started working. That said, I am using the 36 pin
HiLetgo ESP32 OLED WiFi Kit ESP-32 0.96 Inch Blue OLED Display
so the pin assignments are totally different.

My bad. Didn’t catch that.

While I have your attention maybe you could answer a quick question…
My next effort will be to control a DC motor with a slider. The slider is very small. I saw a reference to a ‘large’ slider on YT but none appear in the Widget list.
Have you heard of a ‘large slider’?

No I haven’t. On IOS the slider is only adjustable one way. See the dots at the end. I don’t have access to the Android version at the moment it is sometimes a bit different.

OK, thanks.