Can't connect to my Arduino 101 with the BLE connection

So, on top of the latest library simply not compiling out of the box (var “r” in the peak method was undefined), the app on Android cannot connect to the Arduino with the BLE device block. (I set the proper Auth Token, just to make sure that it is in fact not a factor)

Here’s the code

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <BlynkSimpleCurieBLE.h>
#include <CurieBLE.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "AuthToken";

BLEPeripheral  blePeripheral;

  GpsParam gps(param);

  // Print 6 decimal places for Lat, Lon
  Serial.print("Lat: ");
  Serial.println(gps.getLat(), 7);

  Serial.print("Lon: ");
  Serial.println(gps.getLon(), 7);

  // Print 2 decimal places for Alt, Speed
  Serial.print("Altitute: ");
  Serial.println(gps.getAltitude(), 2);

  Serial.print("Speed: ");
  Serial.println(gps.getSpeed(), 2);


void setup()
  // Debug console


  Blynk.begin(blePeripheral, auth);


  Serial.println("Waiting for connections...");

void loop()

It’s the GPS Stream one from the code generator, wanted to test stuff out before doing the stuff I wanted to.

The device appears in the list, but if I manage to get the app connecting (also takes a lot of tries), I get

    ___  __          __
   / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v0.4.10 on Arduino 101

Waiting for connections...
[120727] Disconnected

In the serial monitor. (Only the Disconnected part appears after the attempted connection, everything else appears the moment I open Serial Monitor)

I hope you’re aware of ?
The issue you describe is already fixed, available in master branch, and will be included in 0.5.0 release.

Well, considering that I am describing two separate issues (the lib not compiling, and the BLE communication simply failing to establish)…

  1. Check out this: [BETA] Blynk Library v0.5.0
  2. Be sure to downgrade Arduino 101 BLE to 1.0.7, until the Intel bug is fixed (if ever): Arduino 101 - BLE - Blynk - connected but not connected

The BLE connection has been in fact fixed by downgrading to 1.0.7 toolchain and firmware (thank god I had it already downloaded) and the compile error has been fixed by adding int r = _r; into the peek function.

I will check the beta library out, which reminds me, your updater has told me that a beta release is available, but tried to download it from github, getting a 404/File Not Found error.

Unfortunately you’ll have to install it manually (as it is beta).
I just made it unavailable through the updater… )