Can't connect to Blynk Wifi

I don’t understand why people use edgent.
It’s useful only for more than one MCU out of the house :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought the Edgent had to be used with the new Blynk 2 app? No?

no
New blynk supports both static and dynamic

Yes it’s for Blynk 2.0
But you don’t need it if you are at home.
Your wifi SSID never change, and you don’t need to upload the code by wifi , I assume you always used serial port :joy:

I really REALLY like Edgent, probably above all other aspects of “Blynk 2”.

Its really nice to not have to go get a device to update it, and I find the OTA update process to be quicker and easier than using a usb-ttl device or plugging the thing into a computer, it properly self-resets OTA, another nice aspect.

I’ve even used it to play around updating/testing devices when I’m not even home. I can whip up a new code revision and just shove it to the device through Blynk.Air and voila, test the update immediately.

Edgent provides the WiFi provisioning functionality, and as @Blynk_Coeur said, you don’t normally have to change your SSID and password.

Blynk.Air isn’t much different to Arduino OTA, except the device doesn’t need to be on the same network as your computer with Blynk.Air. Again, it’s not really an issue if you are a home user.

For people who have complex sketches that are used at home and already incorporate Arduino OTA then its simpler to just add the template Info at the top of the sketch and re-deploy - provided they aren’t using features such as Bridge and Notifications, which would requite a few tweaks to the code.

Pete.

1 Like

Thats true, I guess I just viewed it more as a “package”

I also like the provisioning, but I’m also hoping to turn my project into a commercial product so in my case its a feature I like having.

1 Like

Yes it is the best way to update your device when you have a commercial project with multiple customers .
Otherwise, Arduino.OTA is easier , faster and more secure, you just need to select the MCU IP to upload the code, you don’t need to export .bin files .

Its funny, I never had any luck with Arduino OTA but to be fair, I was not as far along my learning journey when I last played with it so maybe that has something to do with it.

1 Like

@ZedDog54 I have similar problem. Just try to remove all saved wi-fi connections in your iPhone then connect to your home network then try again provision your device. It works for me