Can't connect to blynk app on my phone with wemos d1 mini pro (external antena)

As i said in my last post, the problem is solved by changing ip address. Thank you for your implication.

I am happy to have a solution but I would like to understand why it works.

2 Likes

DHCP is set on my livebox with range 192.168.1.30 to 192.168.1.150.

This is correct with the IP address got by my D1 mini pro (192.168.1.109). And also for the one got by my D1 mini (192.168.1.48).

So, ???

Sometime , Livebox DHCP is weird :rofl:

that’s it !!

1 Like

Try to use IP out of range and see what happens

with ip 192.168.1.16 (out of range dhcp): ok :slight_smile:

ahah, I was right

I tried another d1 mini pro.
IP assigned by dhcp : 192.168.1.105.

Same problem, it does not work !

I force ip 192.168.1.17: ok it works.

1 Like

“Si t’ as Free t’ as tout compris”
Orange box is silly :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Try rebooting your router, and any other network devices that handle routing or control of network traffic such as WAPs, repeaters and switches, then try again.

You should also make sure that you only have one DHCP server on your network.

Pete.

@zener’s DHCP router lease is 24 hours.
So, no way to release after reboot :thinking:

I’m guessing that the routing tables in one of the network devices has become corrupted, or the router has just managed to get itself confused. Rebooting everything should sort things out.
It’s unlikely that all of the 120 available DHCP leases have been used-up over the last 24 hour period.

Pete.

Out of curiosity, what happens if your force the IP to be 192.168.0.109.

Maybe your router has some kind of DHCP reservation that isn’t playing nicely?

That won’t work, because @zener’s network is on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet.

Pete.

1 Like

192.168.1.109 :blush::wink:

I think I should just give up haha! What a day.

1 Like

Well done: I actually have a 2nd router (TP-LINK) on the same network. He also managed DHCP on the 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.199 range.

As you suggest, this may be the explanation of the problem. So I removed the DHCP management of this 2nd router.

Thank you !

3 Likes

Yep, that is an easy mistake to make, and a very difficult one to get to the bottom of.
Glad you were were able to get to the bottom of the problem.

Pete.

3 Likes

on the D1mini Pro
you need to Move the Resistor to the other pad to make the connection to to remote antenna.
loosen it and rotate 90 degrees and resolder it .

This is a 5 year old topic, and the issue of moving the zero ohm resistor has been covered multiple times already in the topic.
I’d guess that if the OP hadn’t figured that out by now then they would have found a different solution, but as you’ll see, the issue was actually a DHCP conflict.

Pete.