Can't connect to blynk app on my phone with wemos d1 mini pro (external antena)

In this screenshot, it is 2.3.0

Look under board manager in the Arduino IDE.

https://iotguider.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/ESP8266-in-Arduino-Boards-Manager.png

Ok Pete, that’s what I thought we had to do and that matches my ohmic readings. Thanks.

Arduino IDE 1.8.9 beta
ConnectThings_ESP8266 version 0.0.1

Blynk version 0.6.1

@zener In Arduino IDE choose:
Tools/Board/Boards Manager.
Scroll down towards the bottom of the list and find “esp8266 by ESP8266 Community” and tell us what version you have installed.
If it’s anything higher than 2.4.2, downgrade to 2.4.2 and recompile/upload your code and tell us what happens.

Pete.

1 Like

I downgrade from 2.5.2 to 2.4.2

Always impossible to connect to blynk cloud with d1 mini pro

Have you tried to open port 80 of your router?

Looks like you are connecting to your router via WiFi OK, but not actually getting traffic out to the internet.

Edit: Also maybe just try to reset your router? (Off, back on again - not settings :wink:)

And just changing board from d1 mini pro to d1 mini !

If it’s ok with d1 mini (not pro) board, it means no problem with port 80 i presume ?

Port 80 is open.

Oh un Français :wink:

Ah, yes of course - silly me :crazy_face:

1 Like

No, thanks for looking for a solution to my problem

1 Like

Try to set a Fix IP 192.168.1.48, same as D1 mini

1 Like

and a other one i presume :wink:

1 Like

OUI , en effet !!!

I’ve just uploaded your code onto a brand new D1 Mini Pro and it works fine for me:

[67] Connecting to xxxxxxxxxxx
[569] Connected to WiFi
[569] IP: 192.168.1.59
[569] 
    ___  __          __
   / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v0.6.1 on ESP8266

[641] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:80
[827] Ready (ping: 43ms).

This is with nothing at all connected to the board, other than the USB power/data cable.

The only difference seems to be that I’m running Arduino IDE 1.8.9 (not the beta version).

What happens if you choose your board type as a D1 Mini (not Pro) or NodeMCU?

Also, try turning on verbose messages (File/Preferences/Show verbose output during - select Compilation & Output). Do you get any warnings, or messages about duplicate libraries?
I get the following towards the end of the compilation, and it works okay:

Unable to cache built core, please tell esp8266 maintainers to follow http://goo.gl/QdCUjo

Check that you have two lines that look similar to this and that the file versions are the same:

Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Pete Knight\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ESP8266WiFi 
Using library Blynk at version 0.6.1 in folder: C:\Users\Pete Knight\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk 

Pete.

2 Likes

I forced ip 192.168.1.48 for my d1 mini pro and I connected to the blynk server !!

And on my phone, my blynk app confirms it!

Thank you all for your help - excellent support :grinning:

Of course the best would be to understand why it works with this ip !

Any idea ?

2 Likes

your livebox is silly :rofl:

check the DHCP range :slight_smile:

1 Like