Cannot Add a New Device in the Mobile App

If you go to Settings > Billing, what do you see in Devices?

If you hover over the devices info does it show any additional info?

Pete.

Hi Pete

2 of 2, but I still cannot add another device to my mobile App, there is my problem.

That’s a possible situation as devices are removed with some delay. This is because the search index can’t be updated in real time due to it’s “read-only” nature.

But I’ll check, maybe we’ll do a simple fix to avoid confusion.

Regarding your initial problem. Do you use the same template for the devices or every device has it’s own template?

Hi Dmitriy
every device has it’s own template

Hi Dmitriy

Yes.

I have deleted all devices on both Blynk and the mobile App.

I will let your systems reindex (rest… :grinning: ) for 2 days and then start again, hope this helps

Maybe I should delete my account and start form ZERO, any thoughts on that approach ?

@donsissing

Hi Madhukesh

What are you thoughts on deleting the account then registering again with the same email address, what create another issue ?

There is no need to delete the account. Just start adding the device from scratch.

ok, will do, Thx

Hi

Ok, so now I have 2 devices and both working and I can operate it via the Blynk dashboard

BUT… I only get 1 device (Water Management System) on my mobile App, any suggestions ?

PLEASE… help me, thanks.

Did you follow all the steps that you took to add the water management system to your blynk app to add the kitchen lights too ?

Hi Madhukesh

Yes, exactly the same.

Did you add the kitchen lights through your app and provided the ssid n password of your router?

If yes! Did you place the widget ?

I don’t understand how devices get added without a mobile datshboard, but what Iwould do is…

1. keep my device names short and simple
  2. refrain from adding device images etc until the device was visible 8n both locations
  3. refrain from adding multiple datastreams, web dashboards etc until both devices were visible in both locations

Pete.

Hi Blynk Team,
I have successfully achieved to have both devices on the mobile App now.
I deleted the mobile App, deleted all devices and templates on Blynk and create all again.

I think the issue was and could have been within the templates - it was the only thing I did differently this time - as advised early.

Maybe some can look at that, in case some else potentially has a similar issue as I have experienced.
This matter can now be marked as RESOLVED

Thank You ALL for your time and effort in assisting me, much appreciated.

(now only if you can just make the free plan = 3 free devices… :wink: :+1:)

1 Like