Can You Attach Multiple Devices to a Single Project (Template)?

Hi, some advice please (I’ve searched similar queries but most responses are unclear on whether this can be done, and some are 12-18 months old.)

In Blynk1.0 I have a Project (BME280 Data) - there are six devices connected to this project sending THP from BME280 sensors. I use tabs to create separate ‘pages’ for each sensor, and the first tab (page) as a dashboard showing the temperature from each sensor. I can select the relevant tab to get the full data/control for each device.

Is this possible with Blynk2.0?

I can create a Template, add multiple devices based on that template, but they appear as individual devices in the app

Does Blynk2.0 have a concept similar to Blynk1.0 'Projects"?

thnx
billd

You can’t add widgets that relate to different devices into the same dashboard in Blynk IoT.

However, it seems that this approach mimics what you have already…

https://docs.blynk.io/en/getting-started/template-quick-setup/set-up-mobile-app-dashboard?utm_source=console&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=guide&utm_content=gaugetile#choose-the-tile-design

Pete.

1 Like

Thnx @PeteKnight , will check that out after I get all my devices migrated - basic migration is pretty straightforward, but there are some fundamental differences using multiple devices, sharing data between devices (bridge) and Template/Device behaviours are . . . interesting . . .
billd

Yep, you can use automations or the HTTP(S) API to transfer data between devices instead of Bridge.
Or, like I do, you can use Node-Red which makes life very simple in that respect.

Pete.

Had a look at it . . . it appears that you can only customise the tiles associated with each individual device - you can select multiple display types and datastreams - but only from that device - not from multiple devices.

Close to the old project/tabs - but limited in that devices are sorted in alpha/numeric order in the mobile dashboard. There’s no way to group devices created from the same template together, and the tile display options are far more limited than legacy widgets as far as size, colour, labels, formatting etc. Also you can’t scale the tiles to fit more devices on the mobile dashboard.

cul
billd

That’s correct.

If you want to do this…

Then you have to send data from one or more ‘slave’ devices to a ‘master’ device and use that to display your data.

Pete.