Can we control devices through the application inside the house when the internet is out

What if the control feature is added from the application even when the internet is interrupted, as is the case in sonoff devices, it will be undisputed blynk

You’ll need to elaborate on this question much more if you don’t want the topic to be deleted.

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @PeteKnight . I mean when the internet is out, we must be able to control the devices through the application inside the house. If the mobile and the smart home device are connected to the same network. This feature is available in ewelink sonoff devices. The blynk 2 will be the strongest if this feature is available

Blynk 2.0 will be cloud based for the foreseeable future, unless you pay for the White Label product and have an On Premise server installation.
At some point in the future Blynk may develop and licence a local server option.

Without a non cloud-based option it won’t be possible to control any Blynk devices from the app.

Pete.

Why can’t control without a local server have to be blynk 2 advanced to this point in the future

I updated the title to make more sense :slight_smile:

What I think you are referring here to is how some devices (either purchased this way or made that way by the end user) have both physical and App controls and are programmed to work with either.

Generally this feature had to be programmed by the end user and wasn’t dependent on the presence of either Cloud or Local servers, or even a network. And when those were down, only the physical control worked anyhow… Whether it is the same with Blynk 2.0 may be dependent on the library used.

@PeteKnight has already covered the local server situation… although I have personal doubts that will ever be released for DIY users without some rather stringent built-in restrictions that keep it within Blynk’s financial control.

@Gunner the majority of Sonoffs have an ‘offline mode’ where if the internet is down they can still be controlled via the Ewelink app, provided the device running the app is connected to the local network.
Not all functions continue to work in this scenario, but you still have app control over basic functionality for most devices.

It may be possible for the Blynk software to be developed to work this way in future, but it doesn’t work like that for now.
The basic Blynk architecture is that all communication goes via the cloud server, so the app, web dashboard and devices all communicate with the cloud server, rather than with each other.
Blynk 0.1 had the ability to work differently over Bluetooth, and it seems that there was also a direct connect function in the WiFi library, which in theory may have allowed direct app to device connection to be established, but I’ve never seen it used.

Personally, I can’t see a situation where the Blynk system could control a group of devices in offline mode without a major re-write of the code - but I may be wrong.

Pete.

Good to know, thanks. I have only used my Sonoff Basics with my own customized firmware and apparently missed that little trick. But then I tend to avoid giving any “cloud” overt control of my stuffs :stuck_out_tongue:

I think its quite a new feature, and has some ‘traps’ timers are pushed down to the devices, but if the device reboots then it doesn’t know what time it is, just that it has to turn on at a certain time, so everything could go haywire.
Also, not all devices work in this mode, and the documentation on this stuff is non-existent.

I’m the same as you and use my own firmware, and let Node-Red handle the control if the internet is down.

Pete.