Blynk Webhook issue

Dear Blynk Team,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits. I am writing to bring to your esteemed attention an issue we have encountered regarding the transfer of parameters from the Blynk platform to AWS using webhooks (Webhooks triggers AWS Lambda service) and lambda services, as per your guidance.

At present, we have 13 devices deployed in the field, and each device is diligently sending three parameters to the Blynk platform: flow rate, volume, and solenoid status. Our aim is to seamlessly transfer these vital parameters to AWS for further analysis and processing. Regrettably, we have observed occasional instances where Blynk fails to trigger the associated webhook, thereby resulting in the failure to invoke the corresponding lambda function.

To facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the matter at hand, I have taken the liberty of attaching some screenshots for your perusal. In the provided webhook screenshot, kindly take note of the following details:

Module M2I V0 signifies the flow rate data of Module M2I.
Module M21 V1 signifies the volume data of Module M2I.

Module M V0 signifies the flow rate data of Module M2I.
Module M V1 signifies the volume data of Module M2I.

Upon scrutiny, it becomes evident that there exists a discrepancy in the (webhook) attempt counts (The counts should be same as both parameters are sent by device at same instant), indicating that not every webhook trigger is being successfully initiated. However, it is important to emphasize that our devices in the field consistently transmit the data as expected (We can see it on blynk dashboard every minute).

Given the significance of this issue, as it directly impacts the inclusion of critical device parameters on the AWS side, we humbly beseech your valued assistance in promptly resolving this matter.

We are using plus plan & we hope this issue is not because of it.

We wholeheartedly appreciate your attention and eagerly await your esteemed response.

Thank you for your unwavering cooperation.

I don’t think that this statement is true.

The documentation says…

Attempts – counter of all (successful, failed, test, real action ) attempts to execute the webhook

Isn’t it conceivable that an attempt to send data via one webhook fails, possibly because…

Then it re-tries to send the data, thus adding to the attempts count?

I’m still not clear why you’re using Webhook for this rather than sending the data directly to your AWS server via HTTP(s) client code in your sketch. That way you would have full control and would be removing one potential failure point from the process.

Pete.

@PeteKnight Thank you sincerely for your swift response. Your prompt attention to our matter is greatly appreciated.

For your convenience and reference, I have attached a video that clearly illustrates instances where the webhook fails to trigger and the associated attempts are not incremented. It is important to note, however, that despite these occurrences, our device consistently sends the data to Blynk, as evidenced by the gauge displaying the transmitted information.

Please check following durations in the video
Duration: 0:41, 2:40, 5:40, 7:40, 10:40

As previously mentioned, we do have the capability to implement coding changes and directly send the data to the AWS server using an HTTP(s) client. Regrettably, due to the impracticality of accessing the ESP32 module at the deployed locations, it is not feasible for us to modify the device’s code.

We kindly request your expert guidance and assistance in resolving this predicament, considering the aforementioned limitations.

Once again, we extend our heartfelt gratitude for your support.

I don’t use the Webhook functionality, as it doesn’t fit -in with my approach. As I’ve said before, I use Node-Red and MQTT with Blynk, so have no situations where I’d need to use the Webhook within Blynk.

You’d previously said that there isn’t a use-case for having OTA functionality, but clearly there is in this situation.

You didn’t provide a link to the video that you referred to.

Pete.

Thank you once again @PeteKnight for your prompt response.

Please consider the link for your reference. Please check duration: 0:41, 2:40, 5:40, 7:40, 10:40

Yes, I understand that but considering the situation (unable to change device code), anyhow we have to use webhook approach as there is no other way.

We will implement it in the second phase of this project.

Please check the video, if you can tell why webhook is not triggering then it will be really helpful.
Thank you

@Dmitriy @PeteKnight @vshymanskyy

I kindly request your attention to the matter at hand. We have taken the liberty of attaching a video as evidence for your reference. The video explicitly demonstrates that the webhooks fail to trigger, despite the presence of incoming data on the dashboard.

Video : Blynk Dashboard Recording - 1.mp4 - Google Drive

In the video, please review the instances occurring at the following timestamps: 0:41, 2:40, 5:40, 7:40, and 10:40.

As valued subscribers of the Plus Plan, we deserve to understand the underlying cause of this issue and seek a resolution accordingly.

We eagerly anticipate your prompt response.

Are you using chatGPT for these posts?

1 Like