Blynk web-client

I moved your post back here… keeps it relevant to the need :wink: and follows forum practice of one topic per user/theme.

Unfortunately I don’t have any answers… perhaps the Developers might, but they are busy on their own updates :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perhaps just limiting your sync_hw to every second?? Better than nothing and rarely does one need a much faster data refresh.

1 Like

Hey all… this project is getting better and better… nice work @avin

6 Likes

Looking forward to scaled Display Widget fonts (auto scaled to widget size layout would be perfect :innocent: )

1 Like

gunner, is push button working for you ?

Yes, I have been working on issues with the OP in the GitHub page.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see a build available. I am not that confident to make one myself :frowning:
Thank you for your work.

Hey, @mugur! You can grab it here https://github.com/avin/blynk-web-client/archive/gh-pages.zip - it contains files ready to host on your own web-server.

1 Like

Awesome start!! Got it running on the same Pi Zero W that is running the local Blynk install. Some icon aren’t showing (yet) which i’m sure you are working on :slight_smile:

The blank ones are the email icon and the phone notification icon. The LED box is big since i have it scaled larger on the Blynk project on my phone.

Is there a way to make the aspect ratio of the dashboard wide? i mean instead of mimicking the phone layout, can the web dashboard layout be arranged to be horizontal compared to the phones vertical layout?

Again, awesome work!!! This is the biggest piece missing from Blynk in my opinion.

1 Like

@avin
do you have plans to integrade also LCD widget? Currently seems unsupported…
Keep your fine work!
Thanks

@avin good job ! :cowboy_hat_face:
numeric input and image widget not supported for now

You essentially have two (or more) devices sharing the same Blynk auth token. You have the physical device (e.g., ESP8266 nodeMCU) and a “virtual device” corresponding to each instance of the web client. Beware … the Blynk project / app depicts a physical device as online if: the physical device is connected; or one or more of the virtual devices (web clients) is connected. Your physical device may appear to be connected when, in fact, it’s not.

I tested the web client with an auth token assigned through dynamic provisioning. As expected, the web client can’t differentiate statically- and dynamically-provisioned auth tokens. The web client works fine.

I have a Labeled Value widget with a Refresh Interval of one second. At times, the BLYNK_READ corresponding to the virtual pin assigned to the widget is no longer invoked (on the physical device) once the web client connects. Once the web client disconnects, the BLYNK_READ automatically resumes. I assume the BLYNK_READ is being redirected to the web client (and into the bit bucket). At times, the physical device and web client can co-exist with the BLYNK_READ being invoked on the physical device. This seems to relate to the state of the Blynk project / app at the time the web client connects. In one state, the BLYNK_READ continues with respect to the physical device. In the other state, the BLYNK_READ is redirected to the virtual device (web client). Just an uneducated guess on my part.

In addition to the Number Input and Image widgets (and likely others), the Text Input and Device Tiles widgets are not yet supported. Avin is maintaining the list of supported widgets on GitHub.

Is there any way the web client could dynamically discover the devices / auth tokens associated with a user’s account or Blynk project / app?

This is an outstanding effort on Avin’s part and offers tremendous potential.

Joe

Has anyone successfully connected to the web client,

http://blynk-client.surge.sh

from an iPhone / Safari?

Joe

I just get a black screen when I try from Safari on my iPad.
Works fine using Chrome on the PC though.

Pete.

I’m successfully running Windows PC / Chrome and Fire Tablet / Silk.

Avin, Can you investigate whether iOS supports the “let” keyword in JavaScript? Can you try replacing the “let” keyword with “var”? I found one occurrence of the “let” keyword in blynk-web-client/src/common/blynkWSClient.js. There may be others.

Joe

Wow. Great job so far. I’m following this topic with excitement!

@avin do you have plan to support time input widget? When?
Thanks!

1 Like

the web client you provide / recommend is very good. but I have a problem regarding graphics that don’t display in realtime. is there a way so that it can display in realtime ?? how to change the timeframe to every 1 second? thanks for the help.

This looks great but I can’t figur how to run it on my local server?
To me it’s kind of unclear :thinking:
Is this suppose to be run inside the Blynk “server.jar” dir or should it run as a website on a webserver like apache/NGIX?

1 Like

Second option - “on a separate webserver like apache/NGIX”. Just upload static files (HTML/JS/CSS
files received after building the app) to your own webserver direcotry.
Or you can use public site http://blynk-client.surge.sh/ to connect with your local blynk server (pass ServerHost with your local blynk server IP. There is no separate backand for it - all connections go directly from the browser to your blynk-server)

2 Likes

Hi, good job, but how can multiple auto tokens be placed for ex 12345 12345 or 1234512345
? Do I need space between them?
What I have to do to control the buttons and show the temperature.humidity, etc.
Thank you