Blynk-video streaming with RPI camera by using uv4l

Hello,

I have some question.
I’m trying to test blynk-video streaming with RPI camera by using uv4l for stream. (really same with your project).
I checked video on the webserver ( my IP address) , However, I can’t see video on my blynk app-video streaming widget.
It is ok with other projects like LED control over blynk app.
I used below source in Blynk help center, and set the pin number of video widget ‘V1’.

var Blynk = require('blynk-library');

var AUTH = 'YourAuthToken';

var blynk = new Blynk.Blynk(AUTH);

var v1 = new blynk.VirtualPin(1);
var v9 = new blynk.VirtualPin(9);

v1.on('write', function(param) {
  console.log('V1:', param[0]);
});

v9.on('read', function() {
  v9.write(new Date().getSeconds());
});

Could you reply about how to view on blynk videio streaming widget?
I don’t care delay.

• Hajoeng

I did not use any code that was related to the video stream. In the video stream widget I simply entered the URL of the stream. (i.e. http://<>:8080/stream/video.mpeg) port number based on your config of course.

Ah, Thank you for reply.
What is the virtual pin number you select on video stream widget?

@hajoengjj You pick whatever vPin you want, or have available… As per the documents (you did read them, right?) it is used to send a URL to the widget from your device code, instead of manually typing it into the widget.

Ok, Thanks :slight_smile:

In my case, I did not select a vPin at all. I simply filled in the URL for the stream. I did have to play around with the /etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf settings a bit. In particular:

##################################

raspicam driver options

##################################

encoding = mjpeg
width = 512
height = 288
framerate = 15
#custom-sensor-config = 2

The default resolution and framerate for UV4L was too big for the widget to handle. These settings seem to have the biggest impact on my original lag issue.

1 Like

I’m trying to test blynk-video streaming with RPI camera by using uv4l for stream.
I checked video on the webserver ( my IP address) , However, I can’t see video on my blynk app-video streaming widget.

I updated rasbian latest version in RPi3, and I did follow the guide in help.blynk.cc [http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/raspberry-pi/how-to-install-nodejs-library-on-linux]

It is ok with other projects like LED control over blynk app.
I used below source in Blynk help center, and set the virtual pin number of video widget ‘V0’.
Finally, I wrote ‘node index.js’ on terminal.

var Blynk = require('blynk-library');

var AUTH = 'YourAuthToken';   //my AuthToken

var blynk = new Blynk.Blynk(AUTH);

var v0 = new blynk.VirtualPin(0); 
var v1 = new blynk.VirtualPin(1);
var v9 = new blynk.VirtualPin(9);

v1.on('write', function(param) {
  console.log('V1:', param[0]);
});

v9.on('read', function() {
  v9.write(new Date().getSeconds());
});

Plus, other kind blynker said as below.

> In my case, I did not select a vPin at all. I simply filled in the URL for the stream. I did have to play around with the /etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf settings a bit. In particular:
> 
> ##################################
> 
> raspicam driver options
> ##################################
> 
> encoding = mjpeg
> width = 512
> height = 288
> framerate = 15
> #custom-sensor-config = 2
> 
> The default resolution and framerate for UV4L was too big for the widget to handle. These settings seem to have the biggest impact on my original lag issue.

So, I did the same with the quide he said. but I failed.
And I don’t understand the success without selecting a vPin and any coding.

I’m beginner in RPi.
Is there any solution??

OK, I got all your related posts into one topic :slight_smile: However I am still unclear as to what you are having issues with?

Can you see your video stream in the App when entering the URL directly into the Widget? Don’t worry about vPins yet.

Thanks.

I created blynk-project (hardware setting raspberrypi)
and finished setting to use bynk in RPi like downloading blynk library, installing node.js on Linux, installing uv4l etc.

This is my uv4l streaming test picture on web. work well.

Then, created node.js file for blynk in RPi as below

I wrote URL address(uv4l streaming url) on Video Streaming Widget Setting.

But, What I can see is the sentence "No video stream available! "
At the same time, The buttont widget under video widget is work well. LED on and LED off ~

I don’t know what I have to do anymore…
I really wonder the solution other peoples know.:grinning:

I can’t see the whole URL you are using in the widget but it should look something like http://ip address:port/stream/video.mjpeg

1 Like

I just correct URL as you siad ( add /video.mjped),
Success!!! :joy:
I’m satisfied with video stream, even though there is log lag
I really appreciated you help.!!

hello there, i can now stream my video from raspi camera using your instruction. but there is a delay while streaming the video. how can i solve this? is it because of the slow internet connection?

Some delay is always inevitable, buffering, network, bitrate, audio if any… all contribute.

I think the best i have ever seen it is around 1 second lag… probably some buffering.

Remember Blynk is not just a video App, it is doing much more at the same time.