Blynk video streaming success!

@Cornholio perhaps buy an Android super Smartphone with GPS for $40?

Iā€™d totally buy one for that price. I know nothing of what models are best. Iā€™ve used iPhones since the 4S. Can you link me the one you think would be the best option? I donā€™t know what to search for.

Seems to be a common affliction amongst Apple product users :slight_smile:

How about:

ā€œAndroid smartphones with GPS for less than $40ā€, brings up lots of stuff.

Perhaps speak to your Android phone user friends.

We have several Samsung Androids (phones and tablets) but we also have a cheap Alcatel with GPS.

Wish I could get mine to work. Zmodo DVR-H9118V otherwise known as DVR-SBN6. Canā€™t stream in VLC or Chrome, but works with almost every tablet app I try, so itā€™s just a matter of figuring out the URL. Can anyone help?

Googling ā€œZmodo DVR-H9118V video stream urlā€ pops up many linksā€¦ first one shows various options you can tryā€¦

I received your message implying you prefered additional assistance; Yes I understand that simply suggesting research can be tasking for a percentage of the population.

So, while your question is not really Blynk specific, here we goā€¦ Your device is an older standalone DVR for analog cameras and not really designed to have a compatible single or multi-streamed output for a simple viewer like the Blynk Widget, rather requiring a secure login and multi-stream support from specifically designed apps or web access.

So unless the Developers change course and include advanced video streaming inputs into their IoT goal (and you never know :wink: ) It is unlikely to be easily viewed in the current Blynk Video Widget.

But perseverance sometimes pays offā€¦ so here is some further links for your research.

You may already have this user manualā€¦

Look in the Network Operation section, starting with Page 14, and perhaps there might be something in the 1) Network Settings or 2) Web Client Operation that you can tweak to better allow access? Perhaps then you can then re-stream the output using VLC to the Blynk App?

And you can always ask on the Zmodo forum as they might have more relevant users with the possible URL information you requireā€¦

http://community.zmodo.com/

Thank you for being a part of the Blynk Forum and I hope you find a solution or alternative video source that works for you.

I know it isnā€™t Blynk related but I also have a Digoo cam streaming to Blynk BB-M2 and something fishy is going on - it performs strange DNS quieries on the following websites:

openapi.xg.qq.com - a DNS lookup every 10 seconds
www.baidu.com - a DNS lookup every 60 seconds

I emailed Digoo who simply sent me a M1X and didnā€™t respond to my questions.

I am only a begginner and was interested in you project can you heplp me please with more information
thanks
Chris P

@Pembrant There are too many spinoffs from this original OP to know what ā€œprojectā€ you might be referring to. Please create your own ā€œNeed Help with my Projectā€ topic and supply some details on your project and needed assistance. Thank you.