Blynk server on Windows CE

Hi!
It’s possible install the Blynk local server on a panel with Windows CE Core 5.0 operating system?
I’ve installed it on a Raspberry but every 3-4 days the server go down. I would try on my Eaton XV-102 panel plc!

Thanks a lot

Why? Did you check server logs?

I don’t know why…

Not yet… how can I check the log file?

By opening it :slight_smile:. It is called blynk.log.

1 Like

It’s been running rockstable on my Pi for years. I wouldn’t try Windows CE in a million years… shudders.

Probably something with your setup not quite 100% OK.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hey regulars!

Very strange… the log file said only “22:24:43.620 INFO - xxxxxxx.xxxxx@gmail.com Blynk-app joined.” (It’s my last login)

But from the app I read “Offline since 6:42 AM nov 1,2017”

This mean that the server it’s ok and my arduino sometime loose the connection?
In this case, I don’t understand because the Arduino sketch loop correctly (my domotic work correctly with the phisical button)

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english… :stuck_out_tongue:

You can enable debug logging from the server.properties file and see more info.

I can’t find the file “server.properties” I’ve search it in “/home/pi/” Where I can find it?

Thanks

If you haven’t made it, you would not find it.

An example and instructions are: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server#blynk-server here (where you also got the local server jar file).

Ok I think that the problem is on my sketch, not in the server.
At the beginning I had a problem beacuse when my arduino loose the connection to the Raspberry, the Arduino’s sketch was blocked until the connection was restored. This is not good because I need my domotic sketch continues to work though the server go offline.

So I decide to check the connection in the main loop. If the connection falling down i stop to call “Blynk.run();”
This work but has a defect: When the connection is restored I can’t realize that the connection is on… so I can’t recall “Blynk.run();”.

The question is: How can I loop my sketch without stop il when the connection falling down?

P.S. I’m realy sorry for my english! It’s very bad… I know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Been covered many, many times on the forum. Try the search facility but use the most recent results.

Ok, I search and found that the problem may be the “Blink.begin” instruction, so I’ve subsitute that with “Blink.config” and I call the instruction “Blink.run” only if “Blink.connect” is = true. It’s correct?
This is the part that I’ve changed in my sketch. I can’t test it today… may be tomorrow. Can somebody tell me if it’s right?

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
 #include <Ethernet.h>
 #include <BlynkSimpleEthernet.h>

char auth[] = "********************************";
 IPAddress server_ip (192, 168, 1, 150);
 #define W5100_CS  10
 #define SDCARD_CS 4

void setup()
 {
   Serial.begin(9600);
   pinMode(SDCARD_CS, OUTPUT);
   digitalWrite(SDCARD_CS, HIGH); // Deselect the SD card
   Blynk.config(auth, server_ip, 8442);
   .... Rest of the void setup
 }

void loop()
 {
   boolean blynkConnesso = Blynk.connect();
   if (blynkConnesso)
   {
     Blynk.run();
   }
   ... Rest of the void loop
 }

Thanks

May be it’s wrong… I think that I must use Blynk.connected(), not Blynk.connect(). Right?

Depends on your application, each similar looking commands are different commands for different reasons.

http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-firmware-connection-management-blynkconnect

BLYNK_CONNECTED() {
// Your code here gets ran each time Blynk connects to the server i.e. after a disconnection
}

http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-firmware-virtual-pins-control-blynk_connected
http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-firmware-connection-management-blynkconnect

void loop()
{
  if (Blynk.connected()) {
    Blynk.run(); // only runs this command if connected to server
  } else { 
    Blynk.connect(); // this command will attempt to reconnect, only if disconnected, with default timeout of 30 seconds
                     // perhaps better ran in a timed loop every 5min or so
    }
  timer.run(); // runs this command all the time
}

A post was split to a new topic: If i need to install Local Blynk Server to write ip address and my own mac address in my code or not?