Blynk server connecting via dyndns

I have a Blynk local server working well and my Blynk IOS app works fine when I direct it at my Blynk server but how can I get an Arduino Wemod D1 Mini pro to connect to my remote server from abroad or from work. I’ve tried replacing the server address which is currently “192.168.0.28, 8080” with “???.dyndns.org, 9443” however I’m getting nothing. Also tried “https://???.dyndns.org, 9443 and 8080”. Port is correctly forwarded as I can access my Raspberry Pi Blynk server from my mobile. Also my Dyndns VIP account is in good standing. Anyone had this issues?

At the moment my weather station connects locally on 192.168.0.28, 8080 so I know all is good but just can’t seem to get the same via my DynDns.

Kind regards Spence

Hello,

There are several recent topics discussing about similar issue. Please have a look and research some more examples in this forum. For example

Hi and thanks for the information. I’ve already read all there is to read and I’m not suffering with port forwarding issues as I can access my Blynk Server from my mobile anytime on 9443, also as mentioned my DynDns account is in good standing as I have other projects that work OK as well as CCTV, smart home devices as in Nest etc as well as WOL Raspberry PI servers and Naturally the Blynk server has already got a port forwarded. However my issue which I can’t find on the forums is with a Wemos in a remote location eg: my work then resolving my server via DynDns. Technically is should just pipe the data via port 9442 via say MyName.dyndns.org:9443. However it doesn’t. I can’t find anyone that’s tried to use external Arduino equipment to communicate with a Blynk server at home. My weather station connects via my Blynk server no problem with my local IP connecting to the same subnet as my Blynk server it’s a problem when I take my weather station to work.

Kind regards Spence

Assuming all you said are correct, such as

1. I can access my Blynk Server from my mobile anytime on 9443
    Just a question: Do you use your_account.dyndns.org:9443 to log in from cell phone over LTE?
  2. I’m not suffering with port forwarding issues
  3. I think you don’t have Double NAT issue as you can access other devices via DynDNS
  4. But this is not correct
    I can’t find anyone that’s tried to use external Arduino equipment to communicate with a Blynk server at home. Many people and I personally do this (on NodeMCU, WeMos D1 Mini, WeMos D1 Mini Pro, etc.) without any issue.

So I best guess is that either

1. your sketch is the culprit and it’s programmed not for accessing Local Blynk Server from Internet.
  2. your network abroad or from work blocks the 8080 and/or 9443 port.

You can check

1. if you can access the Local Blynk Server from your cell phone, then use cellphone as a hotspot for your Wemos board to see if OK.
  2. if you can access the Local Blynk Server admin from your computer in a network, then use that network for your Wemos board to see if OK.

The app and the MCU devices use different ports. Both need to be forwarded to the Blynk server. Just because you can access the server from the app doesn’t mean that you’ll automatically be able to connect a remote MCU to the server as well.

Pete.

Hi Kholi and Peter and thanks for the reply. Both ports have been forwarded howver I discovered a small flaw… a typo in fact. Thanks for the information as it caused me to recheck everything in the code. All working as expected now but could I please pass a comment. Sometimes when people are stuck and tearing their hair out, people in forums can be very condescending. Sometimes it’s like looking at an elephant via a telescope. I’m incredibly appreciative but not everyone can take a step back from their project and look for obvious things as we don’t always think we vulnerable to obvious stuff. Just a thought. Kudos points and thanks again but please please go a little easier on the replies, as stressed out people don’t always see the obvious.