Blynk on LaunchPad CC3200

Ok, do you use Android or iOS? Latest version, right?

Yes,

• A BeagleBone White running on Debian hosts the server, with Blynk server release 0.8.0,
  • The Blynk version 1.0 RC7 for Android displays the data on a Slate 7 Plus tablet from Hewlett Packard running on Android 4.2.2 .

I think Iā€™ve found what originated the confusion.

When creating a new account on the Blynk app, the e-mail field shall contain the @ and . characters, and the password shall be populated. Otherwise, the ā€œSomething went wrong? Try laterā€ cryptic message appears but provides no clue about whatā€™s going wrong.

At the contrary, the client provides a richer feed-back.

15:37:56.993 TRACE - Incoming ResponseMessage{id=6408, command=RESPONSE, responseCode=ILLEGAL_COMMAND}

So my suggestion is, the Blynk app should provide more information about what exactly is expected to create a connection to the local server.

1 Like

Lol. Good catch. Thank you for reporting. Will fix it.

Hi Avenue33,

Iā€™m planning to use CC3200MOD on my project and I need as much as ADC port I can have. If I can have all 4 of them, then having mux on each, I can still having 4x fast priority ADC, and 4x less priority (occasional reading). But the hardware abstraction (boards_json) only exporting 3 out of 4. Have you tried to just add the ADC_CH0 in and does it work? I presume on the app side this need to be added as wellā€¦

Many thanks.

Hello @akm17:

Well, analog inputs on the CC3200 are a mess.

• First, maximum voltage is 1.5 V for analog inputs, so check twice before using them! One of my CC3200 I used with a touch-screen was zombified because of that limitation.

• Second, analog inputs are in limited number. Iā€™d suggest to use a SPI- or IĀ²C-driven fast ADC with any many inputs you need. You can even use a cheap DIP20 MSP430G2553 for that. The main loop reads the values, processes them and populates the virtual ports with the values. Thatā€™s how I proceeded with my weather and security station.

Good luck with your project!

Hi,

Can i ask a question.
What does ā€œCC3200 EMTā€ mean ?

Energia MT = Energia Multi-Tasking, based on TI-RTOS.

See LaunchPad MSP432: RTOS for Everyone and Exploring RTOS with Galaxia on Energia MT.

I posted two projects featuring Blynk on Hackster!

1 Like

@Avenue33 please send me your email.

1 Like

Done. Thank you very much!