Blynk on LaunchPad CC3200

Hi!

Looking for easy IoT implementation, I found Blynk last week. It worked as expected on my Arduino Yun but I wanted to use it with the LaunchPad CC3200 from Texas Instruments.

So I followed the procedure and generated the files Adapters/BlynkCC3200.h, BlynkSimpleCC3200.h and boards_json/LaunchPad-CC3200.json. On my iPhone, I selected Generic Board and voilà, I can now blink my LEDs on the LaunchPad CC3200.

Please see pull-request LaunchPad CC3200 extension for Blink at https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/pull/17

Could you please include the LaunchPad CC3200 in the official boards and give me access to the more elaborate widgets so I could proceed with extended tests?

Thank you and best regards,

3 Likes

Wow, this is awesome! Please give us some time until we review it. @vshymanskyy will be your contact.

I’m actually waiting for my LaunchPad to come.

Currently we have only widgets that are in the apps. But I think we can definitely give you free access to premium widgets when we implement the Store

Thank you for the prompt answer.

The code should work also for the CC3100 WiFi radio. When the CC3200 combines an ARM Cortex-M4 with a WiFi radio, the CC3100 only includes the WiFi radio.

The CC3100 comes as a shield —called BoosterPack— for the boards —called LaunchPads— from Texas Instruments. Both the CC3100 and the CC3200 share the same WiFi libraries.

1 Like

I just got CC3200 from TI as a module what are you using to work with it and program it? Which IDE?

1 Like

I’m using Energia, a fork of Arduino for the LaunchPads. It relies on the same Wiring framework.

The additional files for the Blynk library were developed with embedXcode, a plug-in for embedded computing for Xcode on Mac OS X.

1 Like

I’ve just added a basic example LaunchPad_CC3200.ino under the examples folder.

1 Like

Please read my review IoT OTG with Blynk iOS and Android App and Arduino Library.

1 Like

Very cool review, thank you! Will post on our FB

I only disagree that “…the list of supported boards is limited…”.
From our observations, Blynk might be the only solution who supports so many hardware options in one app.

I might add “…the list of supported boards is limited out-of-the-box with ready-to-use drivers…” but I emphasise that developing a driver for a new board is possible, as I did for the LaunchPad CC3200!

It’s totally up to you, it’s your review, we don’t want to you to change it :slight_smile:
Just please change “Blink is the perfect solution for Internet of Thing on-the-go!” - should be “Blynk”
I like it a lot, actually!

I’m struggling against the automatic word corrector to keep the y in Blynk! :smile:

Blynk is on the front-page of 43oh, the forum entirely dedicated to Texas Instruments MCUs and boards.

Read Quick IoT App Integration With Blynk+CC3200 Launchpad+Energia!

1 Like

Please find a detailed Weather and Security Station example.

It includes a LaunchPad CC3200, a Grove BoosterPack, and the following Grove modules: a BMP180 barometer and thermometer, a DHT hygrometer and thermometer, a PIR sensor and a relay.

Very cool! Thank you for sharing! May I ask you to add this to “Project made with Blynk” category? We will also post it to Facebook and other channels.

BTW, it would be awesome, to have a video or photo of the whole setup live. See if you can do it.

Thanks for supporting us and writing such nice tutorials.

I’ve just downloaded release 0.3.0 of the Blynk library and updated my initial project.

Everything worked fine, on the LaunchPad CC3200 but also on the LaunchPad TM4C123 + BoosterPack CC3100.

Congratulations!

Please find my review of the Private IoT with Blynk on Local Server.

The Blynk server offers a very interesting solution for private cloud, from start to finish.

1 Like

Cool! just one clarification you don’t need

-dataFolder ~/Blynk

param when you specified it in server.properties

Thank you for the clarification. Fix posted!

Also regarding “Connection to the server from the Blynk application not as easy as expected”. Could you please give some steps or video. I tried few times and was able without any problems create account on local server.

Video would take too much time to shoot.

The steps I followed are mentioned on my review.

• On the main screen, select the server to connect to. On the Server
  • Settings, select Custom and enter the IP Address of the server.
  • Press OK to return to the main screen.
  • Press Create Account and enter the credentials. This last part didn’t work.