Blynk.notify() not working in raspberry pi-python

So basically I am trying to send notification from my Pi to my smart-phone but I am not getting the output on the phone.I want to send a notification everyday at 8oclock stating that it’s morning.Please Help.
Code:

import BlynkLib
import time

BLYNK_AUTH = 'YourAuthToken'

# Initialize Blynk
blynk = BlynkLib.Blynk(BLYNK_AUTH)
blynk.notify('Goodmorning.')
blynk.run()

Notifications work for me in Python… do you have the Notification widget placed in your project?

@blynk.VIRTUAL_WRITE(3)  // Button on V3
def my_write_handler(value):
    if int(value) == 1:
        blynk.notify('Button Pressed')

I don’t want to keep any buttons.I just want to send a simple notification saying goodmorning.

Silly… you don’t have to do as I did… I just grabbed a sample from my project to show it works and how I call it.

So… do you or do you not have the widget in your project?

I have just a notification as a widget on my blynk app,and with the code I had sent above,I am not getting the notification.Please help.

Well, you have to do something to activate the command… button, timer, happy thoughts… something.

Probably the simple Timer Widget that sends a 1 and 0 at Start and Stop times… Assign it a vPin and then use the code I already showed, set with the same vPin (minus the V) and when the Start (1) is sent so is the notification. You could even use the Stop (0) to send a “Good Night” notification :sleeping:

@blynk.VIRTUAL_WRITE(vPin)  // Timer Widget on vPin (NO V)
def my_write_handler(value):
    if int(value) == 1:
        blynk.notify('Good Morning')
    else:
        blynk.notify('Good Night')

The above code that you just sent,sends a good morning text once I push a Virtual pin.I don’t want to do that,I just want to send a GoodMorning at 8oclock in the morning where the user doesn’t need to push any buttons to get a notification.

1. Replace the Auth / put this in your crontab.

2. Add the line, all on one line to your crontab at 8:am.
    YOU’LL have to research crontab… its really easy, there are 1 billion google articles about it.

curl --header "Content-Type: application/json" --request POST --data '{"body": "google is our friend."}' http://blynk-cloud.com/<AUTH>/notify

1 Like

Thank you for your help,I really appreciate it.
Does anyone else has any other ideas,I want to write it in a python script.

Again… I just offered a suggestion :stuck_out_tongue: I am sure with a little reading of the documentation you can figure out a way to use something “button like, but not a button” to trigger your actions… if only Blynk had timer widgets… perhaps if Python/RPi only had clock features… alas, if only the scarecrow had a brain…

2 Likes