Blynk Local server + IFTTT

Your connection is not private

red triangle warning

That’s a good sign. Just means you skipped certs for the server. Proceed to the admin console.

Does it work for LAN and WAN?

under advanced tab at bottom is

This server could not prove that it is ********************; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

I covered the reason in my last post, don’t worry.

WAN?

this was WAN shall i try LAN?

You will get the same for LAN. WAN is always more difficult than LAN.

ok so dashboard login does not accept my gmail credentials

but it does accept this default admin@blynk.cc

1 Like

That’s because you skipped half the instructions for server setup. Access will be default settings.

then inside under users is my correct gmail user

oh no so how do i put this ball of wool back together

i’m guessing my idea of starting from scratch tomorrow is looking favorite?

Yes and the only thing you can skip is the database stuff. You need to do everything else if you want a proper Blynk server.

you mean the data file?

No I mean database. You will see the section when you work through the docs.

can you point out the correct link to follow for rasp pi blynk local server

The link for the Pi setup is in the docs at https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server but don’t just do the “quick setup”. Once you have done the Pi basics work from top to bottom of the GitHub docs but skip database setup as next to nobody uses that.

What the Blynk App needs is 8443 forwarded from your WAN router to the Pi (where the server is running). The iptables setup is to forward port 80 on the local Pi to port 8080 on the local Pi (for Lets Encrypt certs).

Assuming your hardware is on the local net, it doesn’t need any forwarding whatsoever because the local hardware can reach the Pi on all ports fine.

So, let’s “draw” that:

(Blynk App in Phone) Internet --> Router (port 8443) --> Forward to local address Pi <-- Local network (hardware connecting to Pi)

If you want to use the API you also have to forward 9443 on the Router to the Pi. So, the URL will become something like https://yourexternalip:9443/pin/D12/

Port number is important in this case!

This is a regular GET syntax for the Blynk API rather than the GET but actually a PUT for updating pins and I’m pretty sure it’s not using port 9443.

hi @Costas, just redoing my server, i’m stuck on just 2 things

1. reboot command to autostart blynk server

tried adding in rc local both ways listed @reboot java -jar /home/pi/server-0.29.7.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk &

1. where does the data folder go in the tree , is it home/pi/Blynk/data or home/pi/data