Blynk Library for Arduino v0.4.3 is released

This just runs the USB script… didn’t you know Blynk can run over Serial as well? )

ok. i knew, but never used.

oh, by the way, what do you think, it would be possible to run blynk over serial on android???
i mean, to use an otg cable and hook up the arduino directly to the phone, and use the blynk app…
than i could eliminate the bluetooth, which is causing me a lots of headache, because i still could not manage it to work.

Question:
BlynkUpdater
BlynkUsbScript
should be laced here ?:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools

Hello,

I am getting this error:

In file included from I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src/WidgetRTC.h:14:0,

from I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src\WidgetRTC.cpp:13:

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h: In member function 'void BlynkWidgetBase::setLabel(Args ...)':

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h:27:9: error: 'Blynk' was not declared in this scope

Blynk.setProperty(mPin, "label", args...);

^

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h: In member function 'void BlynkWidgetBase::setColor(Args ...)':

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h:32:9: error: 'Blynk' was not declared in this scope

Blynk.setProperty(mPin, "color", args...);

^

In file included from I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src\WidgetRTC.cpp:13:0:

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src/WidgetRTC.h: In static member function 'static time_t WidgetRTC::requestTimeSync()':

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src/WidgetRTC.h:36:5: error: 'Blynk' was not declared in this scope

Blynk.syncVirtual(instance()->mPin);

^

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src\WidgetRTC.cpp: At global scope:

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk\src\WidgetRTC.cpp:15:20: error: 'uint8_t WidgetRTC::mPin' is not a static member of 'class WidgetRTC'

uint8_t WidgetRTC::mPin;

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

Any idea?

did you copy from / to libraries ?
C:\Users\ your account \Documents\Arduino\libraries

I copied the libraries to the libraries folder
and the tools folders into the tool folders
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools

And it seem that everything works as it should

@victagayun do you have 1.8.0 and 0.4.3?

Using Blynk cloud?

Android?

MCU?

Please, just read release notes.
It says to copy to your sketchbook folder.

Oh sorry if I have given some wrong information.
But may be that I have beans on my eyes.
But where to find the release notes ???

Just read the bold ATTENTION! section :wink:
The same link you posted: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/releases/latest

Ok, updated this section, maybe it is more noticeable/understandable now.

Thank you for advising my to do it right.
Because of the issues from yesterday I installed the version 3 times
and because there is a tool folder still existing in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools
The given Information may be misunderstood
~\Arduino\tools\BlynkUpdater

off topic - but does anyone know the fix for the Arduino 1.8 IDE font anti-alias problem on Windows 10?

@Dave1829

Off topic and wrong forum :slight_smile: Try http://forum.arduino.cc/

no one here uses Arduino IDE? :confused:

Yes, and Win10 (as do I, and I haven’t noticed a problem), as well as Python, AppleOS, Linux, etc… but as your question has nothing directly involving Blynk or its operation… Wrong Forum :slight_smile:

well happy new year to you too :slight_smile:

Thank you, and to you as well.

PS, you’re welcome :wink:

Hello my preference is:

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes

so I copied the library to:

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk

and the tools to:

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\tools

my IDE is:

Windows ZIP file for non admin install

and located in:

I:\Hobby\Arduino\IDE\arduino-1.8.0_Win

Hello,

I tried in Linux Mint

Arduino: 1.8.0 (Linux), Board: "ESPresso Lite 2.0, 80 MHz, 115200, 4M (3M SPIFFS), ck, Disabled, None"

In file included from /media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/WidgetRTC.h:14:0,
                 from /media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/WidgetRTC.cpp:13:
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h: In member function 'void BlynkWidgetBase::setLabel(Args ...)':
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h:27:9: error: 'Blynk' was not declared in this scope
         Blynk.setProperty(mPin, "label", args...);
         ^
Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
 Used: /home/colettelecottevj/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.3.0/libraries/Ethernet
 Not used: /media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/IDE/arduino-1.8.0_Linux/libraries/Ethernet
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h: In member function 'void BlynkWidgetBase::setColor(Args ...)':
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/Blynk/BlynkWidgetBase.h:32:9: error: 'Blynk' was not declared in this scope
         Blynk.setProperty(mPin, "color", args...);
         ^
In file included from /media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/WidgetRTC.cpp:13:0:
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/WidgetRTC.h: In static member function 'static time_t WidgetRTC::requestTimeSync()':
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/WidgetRTC.h:36:5: error: 'Blynk' was not declared in this scope
     Blynk.syncVirtual(instance()->mPin);
     ^
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/WidgetRTC.cpp: At global scope:
/media/colettelecottevj/2TB/Hobby/Arduino/my_codes/libraries/Blynk/src/WidgetRTC.cpp:15:20: error: 'uint8_t WidgetRTC::mPin' is not a static member of 'class WidgetRTC'
 uint8_t WidgetRTC::mPin;
                    ^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board ESPresso Lite 2.0.

I tried BlynkBlink btw…

I just deleted the

I:\Hobby\Arduino\my_codes\libraries\Blynk

just installed from the library manager instead, now it is OK, I know this is not the preferred way but I just need it like this for the meantime…