Blynk Legacy 1.0

i can’t find Blynk Legacy 0.1 on AppStore
Has it been removed?
and do you have blynk legacy ipa file?
i want this for my project because blynk 2.0 not have some widget i want

Yes, you should read this:

Do you mean .apk file?
If so then you won’t find them here.

If you go down that route then your project will stop working in 179 days, then you won’t have an widgets at all.

Pete.

1 Like

set up a private server and get the legacy Blynk apk at https://apkcombo.com/blynk-legacy/cc.blynk/download/apk. Easy to add to an android…

As Pete already wrote, at some point Blynk Legacy may stop working with updated versions of android and ios. Therefore, making such a decision, you need to understand that it is temporary.
For tests or student work, of course, it will do.

Serg, clearly Blynk Legacy is not forever. In fact, if you use their cloud servers the end comes this year.

However, this does not imply that we all simply upgrade to version 2.0. As I have said in previous posts, I rely entirely on private servers. This is not to avoid paying a monthly charge as I pay lots of monthly charges, but related to the defects of a cloud only architecture. All cloud based systems will occasionally suffer from loss of internet connectivity and some of my systems never have internet connectivity. If all you are doing is monitoring a remote location or controlling some non-critical system, this is perhaps no big deal, although when connectivity is restored the data acquired during the outage is lost forever. But systems that manage and control local systems are a bigger deal. Most of my solutions involve control and mesh between multiple WiFi connected devices.

Version 2.0 does not offer anything like a “bridge” that allows two devices to communicate through the server…and it does not offer a local server option that allows such communication to continue even without cloud access.

As such, I have no choice but to wait for something better. In the interim, Private Server is open source and can be updated if absolutely required and Android phones are easily side loaded since the apk for the app is no longer in the Play store. As far as Android o/s releases are concerned, Legacy is clearly compatible with 11, which is the current release and if it breaks with some future release, rolling back an android release is relatively easy.

1 Like

I suspect that…

actually means that Blynk 2.0 (Blynk IoT) doesn’t have the required widgets in the free plan, so using Legacy was seen as a better free alternative.

If that is the case then setting-up a local legacy server probably isn’t the way forward in this case.

Pete.

If the option of rolling back the android version is suitable for you only because of the blynk application, then of course.
Personally, this solution does not suit me. In addition, there is also ios…
In general, everyone makes their own decision, it is important to take into account all aspects.

1 Like

Judging by what you said you would be better off using kodular or mitt app then interface with Google firebase as a server which interfaces with your esp

I’ll look into that. However, all I really need to do is replace the mobile interface as the legacy server and Blynk architecture will run forever and if not, the server is open source anyway.

yes but .apk for android devices, .ipa for ios devices

i think in the future, maybe someone will make a program can make a blynk 2.0 server local :wink:

It’s already an option for Business subscribers, you can pay to have an on-premise Blynk IoT server, but it’s obviously not cheap as it requires a lot of resources to set-up and maintain

I don’t think Blynk will ever go down the route of releasing the local server code like they did in the past, as it opens-up the system to abuse because people can use it for business purposes without paying the subscription.
I suspect that if there is ever a Blynk IoT server for “home local use” it will be a subscription service and will require the server to connect to the internet every so often to validate the licence and will stop working if this isn’t done.

Pete.

Kkeerching. A fancy way to stifle developers……. and clobber massive profits too. So anyone committed to years of development either pays or ditches their development!!

Whatever way you dress it up it’s profits before loyalty.

Nobody hides this.
Personally, I hope that this fact will have a positive effect on the reliability of Blynk’s work.
This is one of the reasons why I continue to work with Blynk, despite the fact that the 2.0 is significantly more expensive than the Legacy.
The second reason is functionality and ease of implementation.
I hope that if we are not forced to pay extra for something soon, we will continue to work :wink: