Blynk integration with IFTTT

Hello Everyone,

I tried to add IFTTT to my Blynk project so that I could use it via Google Assistant too. But there were multiple hiccups along the way. Unfortunately, the tutorials present here could not help me( most probably because I am dumb). So, I decided to post this to help other Blynkers who have tried in vain.

So the first step is to open up IFTTT and create a new applet. In the “This” section, Select “Google Assistant” and the “Say a simple phrase”. Type in what you want to say and what you want the Assistant to reply with.

Next, open up the command prompt or the terminal and type
ping blynk-cloud.com

You should see the IP address of blynk-cloud for your location.

Example here.

in the “That” option, select “Webhooks”. Select make a Web request. In the URI box, enter the following website:
http://<your blynk ip>/<your auth code>/update/<pin>?value=<value to set>

and set the method to “GET”

Example here.
Instead of , you should write virtual pin as V, followed by the PIN like V6 and digital pin as D, followed by pin no, like D6

For virtual pins, the same PIN should be entered, but for digital pins, the actual gpio number of the pin should be entered.

Here is a pdf with all the popular esp8266 board variants and their pinouts.

If you followed all the instructions properly and had prayed to the Gods of IFTTT, you should be able to change the pin values via google assistant.

Troubleshooting steps:

• If Assistant just performs a web search, try changing the phrase to something else.
  • If your commands perform the opposite functions, like asking to turn off something turns it on and vice-versa, try changing the value in the Webhook from 0 to 1 or from 1 to 0.
  • Before running any command from assistant, always pray to the IFTTT Gods.
1 Like