Blynk + freeRTOs + SIM808 + ESP32

Hello.
Could anyone give me an idea how to implement Blynk + freeRTOs + SIM808 (GSM + GPS) without Blynk losing the connection?
I understand a bit of freeRTOs and a little more of the blynk engine. Sim808 in theory I use only AT commands communicating with an ESP32 via HardwareSerial.
The lib is the tinyGSM of the blynk examples.
Tks

Any idea?
Has anyone ever used blynk in ESP32 with freeRTOs?
tks

Not a lot of references about FreeRTOS in this forum… you may be venturing out on the bleeding edge :hocho:

https://community.blynk.cc/search?q=freeRTOS

Sorry if I’m wrong, but I strongly believe that ESP32 is running in FreeRTOS in both ESP32 Arduino core or/and ESP32 IDF.

yes! true

:slight_smile: tks @Gunner!

Using your search link in the blynk community I found good ideas to make the blynk engine run right next to the freeRTOs. I used Queues and Semaphores to sort out what blynk.run does! I confess that it ran better in core 0. I left the functions of access to sim 800 in the same core 0 and other functions in core 1. In this way I will avoid starvation and possible simultaneous access to the same resource by both core 0 or 1.
Thanks for everything. If anyone needs some help with freeRTOs I can share what little I’ve learned from the tool.

Sorry for the translator! I’m Brazilian and I do not speak English.

2 Likes

Hello Rodrigo,

Could you share your working code with me?

Thanks,

Gabor