BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Blynk + freeRTOs + SIM808 + ESP32

esp32

Hello.
Could anyone give me an idea how to implement Blynk + freeRTOs + SIM808 (GSM + GPS) without Blynk losing the connection?
I understand a bit of freeRTOs and a little more of the blynk engine. Sim808 in theory I use only AT commands communicating with an ESP32 via HardwareSerial.
The lib is the tinyGSM of the blynk examples.
Tks

0 Likes

Any idea?
Has anyone ever used blynk in ESP32 with freeRTOs?
tks

0 Likes

Not a lot of references about FreeRTOS in this forum… you may be venturing out on the bleeding edge :hocho:

https://community.blynk.cc/search?q=freeRTOS

0 Likes

Sorry if I’m wrong, but I strongly believe that ESP32 is running in FreeRTOS in both ESP32 Arduino core or/and ESP32 IDF.

0 Likes

yes! true

0 Likes

:slight_smile: tks @Gunner!

Using your search link in the blynk community I found good ideas to make the blynk engine run right next to the freeRTOs. I used Queues and Semaphores to sort out what blynk.run does! I confess that it ran better in core 0. I left the functions of access to sim 800 in the same core 0 and other functions in core 1. In this way I will avoid starvation and possible simultaneous access to the same resource by both core 0 or 1.
Thanks for everything. If anyone needs some help with freeRTOs I can share what little I’ve learned from the tool.

Sorry for the translator! I’m Brazilian and I do not speak English.

2 Likes