Blynk for Beginners and help with your project

@darkmoon count the characters in each json with Notepad++ (or similar) and ensure READBYTES is before the Blynk libraries in your sketch.

hi I am new with blynk. can someone help me with my problem. I had donwload the blynk library for my raspberry and already run it and it works very well. But when I turn off my raspberry and I turn it on I need to run the blynk library with my token so that the device is online to my android. Is there any way that I can do to make it automatically run?

@leomaralmonte answered in your other post.

good afternoon
How to connect a physical button and relay to nodeMcu v-0.9 (esp-12) with the ability to control via blynk?

Let’s say do the synchronization of the button’s status both physical and blink. Thanks

the whole head broke, tried to remake other sketches.
I want to automate the terrarium …
Help me please.!!!

@Maksim1 welcome to the magical world of Blynk.

Are you using the Arduino IDE as I thought there was an example to do just that. Also take a look in Sketch Builder (or Blynk’s GitHub pages) for similar sketches.

Come back to us if you are still struggling.

To all newbies:

We are fast approaching 11,000 members, most are inactive but it’s impossible for us to assist you if you simply say “Blynk is not working, help me, urgent”.

We don’t have the time to format your sketches and ask a dozen questions.

You need help, then help yourself, read at least the first 7 posts in this thread and respond accordingly.

5 Likes

I. Before creating a new topic, please consider the following:

- this forum is not destined to learn you how to code. To use Blynk you need basic c++ / arduino coding skills.
 - read and UNDERSTAND docs.blynk.cc , and also study examples.blynk.cc , help.blynk.cc
 - update Blynk app, Blynk library, local server and ESP core to latest version. Than check if the issue is still there.
 - be sure to do a thorough search of the site for similar problems / questions
 - DO NOT post unformatted code or serial monitor output
 - DO NOT post screenshots / photos about your code or serial monitor output. No one will bother to read them!
 - DO NOT spam multiple users with private messages asking for help
 - DO NOT ask other users to write code for you. Coding is NOT for free. Sharing knowledge and directions IT IS.
 - choose the topic category accordingly. Do not create uncategorised topics.

Also, keep in mind that choosing the red “issues and errors” category for inapropiate topic, will not result in faster response time, but possibly will be deleted!
The “issues and errors” category is destined for reporting and documenting bugs in the blynk library / app, not in your code / hardware.

II. Start your post with the following details:

01. The make and model of your phone.
 02. The make / version of the phones OS.
 03. Server type: cloud or local. If local server, the make and model and server version.
 04. The Blynk library version.
 05. The make and model of your board (MCU) and attched peripherals.
 06. How you powering the MCU.
 07. Has the MCU ever succesfully connected to a Blynk server (cloud or local) before?
 08. The IDE you are using, including the version number.
 09. The ESP core version you are using.
 10. The settings you have in the IDE for the MCU.
 11. Sketch size, regarding flash and ram.
 12. PROPERLY FORMATTED code.
 13. Serial debug output / compiling errors - if applicable.
 14. The settings (screenshot) of the widget which is not working properly - if applicable.
 15. Anything else you think is important.

III. Once you have stated the basic details indicated above, describe your problem in detail:

01. What have you tried?
 02. What did you expect to happen?
 03. What actually happened?

IV. If the question is answered / the issue is solved, please change the topic category to “solved”!

4 Likes

@wanek But… what if they start actualy reading them??

Mal: You know, they walk (learn) just as easily if you lead 'em.
Jayne: (Gunner) I like smacking 'em.

1 Like

yes, this is the other thing i would like to discuss:

to find some way to actually enforce the rules in that list. otherwise we can post this list here or anywhere, if actually no one reads / cares…

• adding some kind of form - with mandatory fields of the above info - when creating a new topic?
  • it could be a dedicated entry in that form, for pasting code
  • to implement some automatic verification, to look for unformatted code when someone tries to submit a new topic?
    something like: if strings like Blynk.run(), void setup(), void loop(), #include, #define etc are not wrapped with ```, than ignore to post / warn user to format code.

@Dmitriy, it could be doable?

I think we have to start removing posts that don’t adhere to some basic rules and stop formatting code for users. I also hate to see posts that are not assigned to a category and they too should be removed until users take some time to learn how to use the site.

2 Likes

perfectly agree with this! if we always format code instead of them, and have to ask same questions over and over again, we will encourage other users not to respect forum rules.

I think everything is doable. But in this particular case I have no idea how :slight_smile:.

1 Like

well, i thought to implement some client side verification, that searches for specific strings in the text, like: #include, #define, void, setup(), loop(), Blynk.run(), etc and other srings which are always present in blynk serial debug.

if any of those strings are found, we assume there is code in the text, so we check if it is formatted:

it looks for string ‘’’, and if more than 1 ‘’’ are present than we can assume the code is properly formatted (or at least the user tried to do so) and allows to submit, otherwise gives a warning message and do not allows to submit.

of course, this algorithm very raw and is not perfect, but i estimate that more than 80% of unformatted code could be eliminated this way. and that would be some improvement. also, as an experiment could not hurt :slight_smile:

if we see that it works, with time we could refine the strings to look for…

1 Like

Maybe a bot that replies to new threads from users who are obviously new or use certain keywords?

It could just paste wanek’s check list above.

1 Like

@Dmitriy in Discourse Admin > Settings > Posting (huge section) you could enable autohighlighting, which is off by default.

autohighlight

All new users:

Simply cutting and pasting your code to this site will result in this:

#include

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

/* An annoying “Hello World” example */
for (auto i = 0; i < 0xFFFF; i++)
cout << “Hello, World!” << endl;

char c = ‘\n’;
unordered_map <string, vector > m;
m[“key”] = “\\”; // this is an error

return -2e3 + 12l;
}

Not only is it difficult to follow without indentation it’s actually impossible because if you take a look at the first line you will see that the include statement has been truncated. If you have a lot of libraries in your sketch we are left guessing what they might be.

The version below is much better, paste your sketch, highlight it and then select the coding button </>

#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

/* An annoying "Hello World" example */
  for (auto i = 0; i < 0xFFFF; i++)
    cout << "Hello, World!" << endl;

char c = '\n';
  unordered_map <string, vector<string> > m;
  m["key"] = "\\\\"; // this is an error

return -2e3 + 12l;
}

You can achieve the same results with backticks on the line above and below your code. Google backticks if you are not 100% sure what they are.

@Costas thanks. Enabled.

1 Like

So I see, thanks.

posting that list automatically could be a quick temporary solution.

hello!

please read the list above how to create a new topic, and open a new topic regarding your issue.

@Sergey1 go back to the thread you started, allocate a category and don’t post unfomatted code.