Blynk Edgent to run on Android Tablets, code in Visual Studio

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Blynk platform. I want to build a Blynk Edgent to run on Android tablets using Visual Studio in C#. The Android tablets will be the edge devices to connect to the Blynk Cloud. I am looking for libraries or reference projects to jump start my project. So far, I have only found this
https://github.com/sverrefroy/BlynkLibrary
Appreciate if you can help.

Dominic

So are you saying that you want the Android tablet to be the client device, rather than the device that’s running the Blynk app?

Pete.

Correct. I want the Android tablet to be the client device. I will have a few sensors connecting to the Android tablet and I want to use the Blynk Cloud to remote monitoring those sensors. I don’t think the Blynk app. works like the Blynk Edgent. I need to add quite a lot of my software (coding) to manipulate the sensor data.

Dominic

You’re using the term Blynk Edgent, but I’m not sure that it’s actually the correct term for your situation. Edgent is the name that Blynk has given to an example sketch which allows dynamic provisioning of WiFi credentials and OTA updates on a small number of MCUs. You won’t get Edgent to run on Android devices without a significant amount of software development.

Maybe you mean that you are looking to use Blynk IoT (new Blynk) on an Android device as a client?

Pete.

You are correct. I am still learning the names and terms.

I am willing to put in the effort to build the client that runs on my Android device. It will be a commercial product. Therefore, I am looking for a library for the basic Blynk functions or similar projects that I can port over.

Dominic

I know nothing about Android programming, but I’d assume that using the Blynk HTTP(S) API would be the simplest approach.

The library you linked to is written for Blynk Legacy, but changing the server to blynk.cloud and the port to 944 or 80 may be sufficient to get it working with Blynk IoT.

Pete.

1 Like