Blynk BLE auto reconnect

Good day,

I’m new to this forum, Esp32 and blynk and have decided to create my project to work with BLE as i don’t have an active WiFi connection home, my project controls the room lights and garage door.

My problem is that BLE in Blynk does not automatically reconnect when closing and opening the application this has been a problem for a while on Blynk and not everyone has a wifi connection home creating obstacles for people preferring BLE.

My question is will Blynk fix this and if, when?

I think that after a while you’ll realise that working with Bluetooth and Blynk isn’t the beat approach to take. There are some major features missing from Blynk when using a Bluetooth connection, and these will never be resolved because of the lack of direct connection between the device and the Blynk server.
Bluetooth is okay if you want to a way to control a toy buggy with Blynk, but for anything bigger and more serious that that then I think it’s a waste of time.

There is a solution, which s to set-up a local Blynk server and create a local wifi network that isn’t connected to the internet. That’s considerably more work than simply using the Blynk cloud servers over am internet connection, but is really the only practical solution in your case.

If you are thinking of installing an internet connection at home to allow you to use the Blynk cloud servers then you should read this topic:

Pete.

I have to disagree, the BLE works flawless to control the lights and garage door when getting home(after having to reconnect BLE device)just because people don’t have wifi they are locked out of smart devices, there are a lot of areas such as mine where adsl phased out(cable theft because it’s South Africa) but there is no fibre or LTE support and wireless package options are to expensive.

You might disagree, but you can’t argue the fact that many Blynk features don’t work with Bluetooth.

Blynk itself describes the product as follows:
“Blynk is a hardware-agnostic IoT platform with white-label mobile apps, private clouds, device management, data analytics, and machine learning.”

I wouldn’t be sorry to see Bluetooth support dropped in Blynk 2.0

Pete.