Blynk app could not initialize connection to the server

I am trying to setup local Blynk server on a raspberry pi 3 following two instudnctions…

First,
https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server#blynk-server — server version 0.39.4 with app port 9443
didn’t work even after using ‘server.properties’ to solve the error of “busy” port --> I gave up!

Second,
http://help.blynk.cc/blynk-local-server/local-server — server version 0.23.0 with app port 8443
it worked up to “Blynk server 0.23.0 successfully started”
and then while I was creating an account on the Blynk server using my phone the following error came…
“Sorry, app could not initialize connection to the server”

Raspberry pi and my notebook is connected with a network cable throught network ports
and I am using the WIFI network provided by a telephone company to access and connect them.

What’s wrong with it? What did I do wrong?

What port was busy?

The latest app wouldn’t work with it anymore.

First, 8080 so I changed it to 8085 —> solved.
Then, 9443 so I changed it to 9448 —> solved.

with the following command
“java -jar server-0.39.4-java8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk -serverConfig /home/pi/someFolder/server.properties”
I got the server working with the following message.
“Blynk Server 0.39.5-SNAPSHOT successfully started.”

Still, when I tried to make a local Blynk account on my android cell phone and connect… got the same message:
“Sorry, app could not initialize connection to the server”

Not sure how you define ‘solved’ with custom (non-blynk standard) ports… unless you also have those explicit ports setup in your server properties and port forwarding.

Also, based on your IP, you are trying to connect via the public IP and not your private (internal) IP of the RPi. In my experience, using the public IP whilst connected to the internal network rarely works. However, I have found using a DNS redirection service, combined with proper port forwarding in my router, successful in that case… allowing for phone use to my Local Server seamlessly inside my network or while out roaming around.

yes. I have those statements in the server.properties file. That is why I used the command with “-serverConfig”.
And I got the server working with the following message.
“Blynk Server 0.39.5-SNAPSHOT successfully started.”

Regarding the IP, when I turn on the RPi and type “ifconfig”, there comes the Ethernet IP that I used.
What do you mean by a private (internal) IP of the RPi? “ifconfig” did not give it to me.
How can I get internal IP instead of public IP? Do I need to use a router? Could I use a TP-LINK TL-WR703N model to get it? I tried to configure it a router, but TP-LINK website doesn’t have any direction of making that model a router.

When I used the TP-LINK, it gave an IP like “192.168.0.1” and still I did not succeed.
Based on what you told, I think this IP looks like a private internal IP and I used WIFI of that TP-LINK.
If it is the right way to do it, I will try again.

The internal or private IP is what your router gives to each of your devices connected to it.

It should…

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-3-network-setup/finding-your-pis-ip-address