Blynk App Background Color Hex Code?

Hi, I want to use the LCD Widget to display text (changing message based on the value of some other variables - I’m using the LCD becaiuse there is no basic display widget that can display text string . . . Hint. Hint :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

It works OK . . .

But I’d like to set the background of the LCD screen to the same shade of black as the standard Blynk widget background (its not full black).

I’ve checked the docs and only a sample of Blynk colors are listed:

Does anyone know the HEX code for the widget off-black background color (shade?)?

A basic display widget (similar to Labeled Value Display) that can display text string would be very useful and address this issue. A basic text display widget would also allow the font to be the same as all other widgets. Not sure what purpose an LCD display style serves on modern mobile devices.

cul
billd

It seems to be #212226

Pete.

Thnx, I found an iPhone app - Pixel Picker - Image Color Picker

IMG_3777

Free and easy, it confirms #212266. App will come in handy for future display customisation.

cul
billd

I popped your screenshot into Photoshop then used the eye dropper to sample the colour. I was as bit skeptical about the accuracy so tried updating the property in an LCD widget and it seemed to be right.
Your way is basically the same - but quicker, simpler and cheaper!

Pete.

Wow - I’m surprised the properties remained the same give the original screenshot was cropped, emailed, uploaded, downloaded and analysed in PS!

Now I need an app to change that chuncky LCD font to the standard Blynk font . . .

cul
billd

That’s why I was sceptical about the result!

Pete.

Careful, one could say the same about some of us, less then fresh out of the bakery, tinkering with such new technologies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Personally I like the appearance… a nice touch to the sharp but blandness of some displays… dare I say nostalgic?

Curious, why not simply use two stacked Value Displays, clear out the labels and no need to change any “chunky fonts”? (which BTW you are stuck with)

You can’t send text string to Value Display - only numerical data types. (or at least I haven’t been able to);

Basically I sample a sensor (scale that tells me how many cans of beer are left . . . :beer:) then depending on the quantity display a different text string. EG <6 “Get More Beer!”; >24 “Whoo Hoo, More Beer!”; etc

This works OK on the LCD display, I just dont like the interface style.

cul
billd

Using my ‘patent pending’ :wink: Blynkified colour picker, I can also confirm #212226… or zeRGBa numbers 33, 34, 38.

Of course i had to read that value on my clunky old LCD as the numbers vanished on my display :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

And what’s with the Chinese(?) proverb along the bottom of the display . . .?

cul
billd

??? You can send any character… even emoticons.

And you just showed such in your image in your first post :wink:

1 Like

O . . . . K . . . . I did try and it failed (may have been sytax error?) First thing to try when I get home tonight.

thnx
billd

Well, the Chinglish translation is close :stuck_out_tongue:

Blinking Electronics

Thnx, the answer was staring me in the face . . . Labeled Value widget (i’ve used this many, many times before . . .). Previous uses have been fixed text with a chnaging variable . . . thats what threw me off track . . . I want to send variable text. But I already have seperate functions for each text string, so just add the numerical value as well as the text and voila.

I’ve used two Labeled Value widgets here, the one on the left is a ‘Dummy’, I just changed the text in the app. When I get home I’ll consolidate the string and quantity into a single widget from the hardware side.

Thnx for the insight guys, its amazing how fresh sets of eyes changes the perpective!

Goodbye forever LCD!

cul
billd

1 Like

Only in Blynk . . . Still the clock of choice in my shed . . . one of the first Arduino projects I attempted.
cul
billd

Nice… I also have one of those LCD/keypad shields (must find a use for it)… and a renewed interest in merging “old” Arduino tech with Blynk into “new” IoT devices. As shown here:

Did you change this in the app or by using Blynk.setProperty(V0, “label”, “My New Widget Label”); ???

I have been trying tonight to change the LABEL on a Labeled Value Display widget by sing the Blynk.setProperty() function. it does work to a limited degree . . . however there is an inconsistency in the terminology between the docs and the app.

In the app (or widget properties) LABEL refers to the field where you enter the test string, /pin/ value etc.

However when you set the label property from hardware it changes te small widget descriptor test in the top left corner of the widget - not the section described (labeled :wink: as LABEL.

1. DOCS say you can change widget propertities, including “label”

1. When you check the Labeled Value widget in DOCS it shows the LABEL field very clearly . . .

I would expect Blynk.setProperty(V0, “label”, “My New Widget Label”); to change the text in the area shown by my red arrow, as LABEL.

1. It actually changes the small, widget descriptor in the top left corner

my code = Blynk.setProperty(V0, “label”, “Test Label”);

this is the result

TestLabelV0

So back to my original post . . . is there a way to change the LABEL (as described in the widget settings on the app), from hardware. Its easy to change in the app, but from hardware based on different conditions?

cul
billd

All other times I’ve changed the label in widgets I’ve done it from the app (widget settings), not from hardware.

cul
billd

Isn’t it just a case of doing a virtual write to the widget with a text value?

Pete.