Blynk Android 2.19.0 Keeping CPU Awake?

I still think it is an app’s issue, but the different OS versions deal differently with background services, which usually stops with the app’s stop, but in the case of energy consumption it is this blynk background service that somehow continues to work or restarts.

Got it, seems it is more a server issue, as I remember @Dmitriy had done some fixes for device status updates too.

1 Like

And I’m still on 0.31.0 - outdated, but without drain issue?

The server could not be a cause of such issues.

OK, then I’m looking forward… (no issues but still interested as such)

But who knows :slight_smile:. @marvin7 latest server is always better.

actually, we discussed an off topic issue with @BlynkAndroidDev, not the drain one, but some false notifications. my bad, sorry :wink:

Right @Dmitriy, I do prefer younger models, but still need to look at myself. And here the problem is flashing just one device, which I need to reach and manually wire for flashing. No OTA, as it is old ESP-01 wit 512K flash :wink:
But soon… If only it gets warmer… (where’s the spring??? Anybody seen?)

Ah, no… MY bad, as I’m looking for shortcuts, not reading everything… Then i just missed on this wandering around topic…

Looks like this sickness finally affected me too. Just today received notification from some system service. Why today?:thinking:

Guys, we had finally released a 2.20.0 build, so please notify me in this thread if your issue with energy consumption hasn’t been fixed in this new release

2 Likes

Hi,

Unfortunately I see the same issue with 2.20.0:

Got it, I’ll create tomorrow a log build for this issue

1 Like

Guys, logging build - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw77wo22mr52xkf/blynk_2.20.0_log.apk?dl=0

To install it you probably will need to uninstall the current app’s version.

To send logs: press the info button on projects list screen and select ‘send logs’ option on the about/info screen.

Mine seems fine. ANDROID 7, Galaxy S7 Edge

1 Like

me too, s5, android 6 (much better, at least)

1 Like

Yesterday evening I sent the logs of the app chewing up my battery so let’s see! :slight_smile:

Please check new 2.21.0 release, it should fix your issue.

It appears to have! :slight_smile: Thank you very much, any insights to share about what it was?