Blynk and SonoffBoilerplate

you mean if there is connected to mains and also to the programmer in the same time?

once i have done it that way, and didn’t had any problems / nor me or the sonoff (except of the scary environment :slight_smile: )

however, what i have observed, that on the th10 model the gnd and earth are separated, but on the 4ch version, they have connected the mains earth with the gnd.

Yes, that what I mean. I’ve not tried it, and not going to, just for my own mental health.

Hi, I am glad to have sparked(pun) so much discussion and examples. Clearly there is much to explore on the subject of Blynk and Sonoff. From what I gather so far the boilerplate does not work? It is good to learn that from others before tearing my hair out trying. Thank You

Hi David,

I think that the boilerplate it’s not working due to a non updated code. I’ll try to modify the boilerplate to see if I can connect to blynk server, but not sure if I’m going to be able to do it.

Besides that, I’m going to create a sketch, similar to boilerplate and share it in this forum.Also, I plan to create a tutorial to show how to make everything (from open the case to upload and configure the system), so, it’ll be posted on a different thread. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i can not confirm if the boilerplate is working or not, because i never tried it (in my sonoff projects it didn’t fit my needs).

but what i can confirm, is that if you follow those steps, you can use the sonoff as easily as any other esp82 board, no special code needed!

1 Like

I’m not sure as well about boilerplate, but those steps are great to update the firmware.

The cool thing aobut the boilerplate it’s that has a lot of stuff prebuild, but, who cares? :slight_smile:

Subb’d. I have found in cruising around some others who have forked/ reworked, perhaps the issue has already been addressed.
https://libraries.io/github/noirmist/SonoffBoilerplate

The trailblazer post is only 22hrs old!
Unless some are just posting other’s work as their own? Seems harsh to say that but it seems word for word. Have to look at the code to see if any changes were actually made. Or is the original author posting under different names, I’ve been trying to figure it out all day.

1 Like

Those are probably forks from the original code. I can’t find the original repository (and the link I provided in the first post leads to a 404 error), so I can’t tell for sure, but that it’s a good point to start tinkering with.

Thanks for sharing @David_Vinch

I have gotten in contact with trailblazer and he is actively working on the boilerplate and is planning tests. He is willing to answer questions but it might be best if we forward them through me to keep from losing him. I’m not trying to make myself important, just trying to not blast him with questions from multiple users. Anyway he asked me what sonoffs we want to get running first.
Im thinking:

1. sonoff basic
  2. pow
    3.touch
    please chime in with your ideas and we’ll finalize a compromise.
1 Like

Nice David.

If he’s looking for someone to test it, you can send my contact to him. Will love to help.

For me, most important thing will be to be able to launch otas without needing to configure wifi again.

Luis would that include a built in webpage that would allow updates and network ssid/password changes? That’s one thing I really like about the opengarage project, I don’t have to retrieve it from the garage ceiling and flash code just to change a password. Let me know if that is it and I’ll pass it right on, if not I’ll pass it on anyway, lol.
But I think that’s what you’re saying. It’s something called AP mode in opengarage.
I wish I could get a look at that code, but the author provides it in .bin format which I have been led to understand is a security lock.

Hi David,

What I mean is to be able to easly find the wifi pass and user in the code, to write it down. (for me it’s easier and faster than using the AP mode) and the code to be able to store that info after uploading the sketch, without needing to go to AP mode in the browser.

Although, it’s a nice feature for deploying devices to costumers or family.

Yes, .bin it’s the binary compiled file:

A BIN file is a file that stores data in a binary format. It is different than a text-based file, which can be edited in a text editor. BIN files may be created by a variety of different programs but typically cannot be manually edited.

If trailblazer is not going to release the code as open source, I won’t use it, cause I don’t want to have an iot device at my home without knowing what’s going on with it, so, I’ll develop my own code.

1 Like

I’m afraid my knowledge level is not sufficient to grasp your meaning re: AP vs.your idea, but I’ll pass it on.
As for sketches, that is what he will use.

1 Like