BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Blynk and Nucleo with STM32duino framework

Hi all,
I’ve created a small blynk app that works with an arduino UNO. I would like to perform the same thing with a NUCLEO STM32L476 hardware (that uses the STM32Duino framework which exposes the exact arduino API). This board is much more powerful for the half-price. But how can I manage this board from the phone app ? How can I use the digital PINs that are above #13 ? For instance, push button is D23, so which board should I use to set digital PIN #23 for an arduino-like board in the app?
By the way, how can I add a brand new board template in app ?

Thank you

0 Likes

Is there any reason (other than speed and cost) that you wat to use this particular board?

Most people tend to migrate to a NodeMCU type of device once they get tired of the Arduino Uno and it’s much easier to support for these types of board.

Pete.

0 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Obviously, NodeMCU type tends to be a “de facto” standard for this application.
I manage a educational technology association and our partner provides a lot of Nucleo boards. So, naturally, it might be interesting to use them as “my first connected thing” with USB connection to a PC.

BTW, I’m wondering that if it is easy to add a new type of board in the device list on the app.
The Nucleo board provides a lot IOs, flash memory and it’s really similar to an Arduino UNO or NodeMCU from an Arduino API point of view. I found in the device list a “generic board”. Is it a good start to use a Nucleo ?
FYI, setting a LED to on is exactly the same sketch on Nucleo and Arduino.
Finally, Blynk offers a way to connect over USB that is a good way for us to use the same hardware as we’re using for other experimentation. But the bottleneck is on the app side.
Thank you all for your feedback

0 Likes