Blynk 2.0 simple use with raspberry pi

Hey there,

i’m using legacy Blynk to trigger a pin of my raspberry pi remotely. thats all i wanna do: if i press a button on my phone i want a physical pin on my rpi to be witched on while i holding it, or a script to be triggerd, wich switches on the pin for round about 2 sec.

legacy blynk was easy, i just installed the software wich was not that easy but i got it to work an then i could just configurate everything in the app how i wanted it to be. All i want is to keep my functionallity without too much effort!

i find the new blynk verry complicated for waht i want to to. I’m not new to coding, but i resarched for a while now and i don’t find it very user friedly. And i’m not even able to find an tutorial or youtube video!

Can someone just tell me what i need to to? i want the software on rpi, and it sould startup with boot. and then just a button in the blynk app to trigger a pin or a script.

Thanks for your help!

Some clues about which Blynk library you are currently using with Blynk Legacy would make it easier to point you in the right direction.

Pete.

Thanks for the answer!

I’m not that often using Linux so most of the time i try to do something, I just search for an Tutorial.

So i’m not completely sure wich library i’m currently using but I installed wiringpi if that helps. In fact, i kust installed software on the Pi and didn’t write a single cript, it conntected to the legacy app and there i was able to swith on and off the GPIO Pins.

But writing an simple C++ Script wouldn’t be a big deal for me because i’m frequently using an arduino. I just don’t know the sytax for the new blynk and where to put the script to use it etc.

Hope that helps and thank you so much!

Albert.

Not really.
Without some hard facts it’s difficult to give sensible advice.

It’s basically the same as Blynk Legacy. The documentation outlines the changes from a C++ point of view, but as yet we have no idea if you’re using C++ or some other language.

Pete.

i totally get that. do you know where i could look that up in my rpi?

i used neither, because i never wrote a script for blynk until now.
but what i can tell you is that i used an tutorial kinda simmilar to this(step 1 to 13):
https://bc-robotics.com/tutorials/getting-started-blynk-raspberry-pi-3/

so there was no need for any coding so far, and it runs great to this point of time. anly thing i want is keep that functionallity after the legacy shutdown.

Tanks.

Albert.

That tutorial uses digital pins (digital datastreams in Blynk IoT).
The way that these have been implicated in Blynk IoT is rather strange, and I certainly don’t have any idea how the digital pin mapping works for the Pi with Blynk IoT.

No, I don’t.

Pete.