Blynk 2.0 personal server

Hello

Where can I indicate the IP address of my personal server?

Thx

There is no such thing as a “personal server” for Blynk 2.0 (Blynk IoT).

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Pete.

Hello

It is indicated on the store that Blynk 0.1:

“We no longer accept new users registration in Blynk Legacy. Please check our new, enhanced app - Blynk IoT.”

and I cannot create an account on android devices

I wanted to pass on this one

I can’t create an new account on android devices

If you’re trying to use a Legacy local server then you need to use the Legacy app and click the “Login” button then this icon at the bottom of the next screen…

You wont be able to create an account on your local server via the app, you’ll need to do thgat manually in the server, or use the default username & password.

Pete.

on apple devices I can create directly on it,

Do you know if it is planned to put the possibility of a private server when the legacy blynk will no longer be functional?

Local server was abused by some people in the past, running commercial projects instead of subscribing to a commercial plan.
For that reason, it’s unlikely that a local server will be released for Blynk IoT in the same way. If one is released then it will probably be on a subscription basis.

Pete.

Thanks for this information,
I will look for something else in the event that Blynk legacy will no longer work on devices.

Permissions

• Commercial use
  • Modification
  • Distribution
  • Patent use
  • Private use

Maybe Blynk could release a 2.0 compatible local server that authenticates on a regular basis back to Blynk Central for a valid (paid) subscription in order to run. All the people that want to run a local server for legitimate purposes won’t mind; unpaid freeloaders won’t be able to execute the code. Call it a local server with a remote authenticator …

I completely disagree. This really just feels like a huge slap in the face to the entire opensource community. You basically called anyone using Linux a freeloader which really just sounds like you don’t understand the point of opensource software. I personally would not use a local server that require I pay for an account. I will search elsewhere for opensource solutions. Blynk should either openly state that they don’t support opensource software or support it rather than revoking the thinks that users like the most about the platform.

@PeteKnight If there is a way to make an account via the serve, how would you do that?

Are you a local server user already?
If so, is that on Linux or Windows?

Pete.

Thanks for the info. It is unfortunate. But saved me hours going down that rabbit hole and wondering why I could not get it to work. Thanks.