Blynk 2.0 Notifications on the phone on android 8.1.0 do not work. Everything is ok on other phones

Hello.
Notifications on the phone on android 8.1.0 do not work.
I checked all the settings many times, flipped through the phone for two hours - no result.
Moreover, notifications work fine on other phones with a different version of android in the same organization!
I give a photo of all the settings of the phone and the Blynk IOT application.
(Sorry for the fact that the phone menu language is not in English, I hope Blynk engineers will understand).
I would really like help, since notifications are one of the main functions in the project.
Thank you!

Hello.
Send us application log after the notification should come please.

Sorry, I can’t find information on how to do this… Please help.

In the app, go to About > Send Logs

Pete.

2 Likes

Thank you! I just found it myself :blush:

I found the reason why the notification did not come - the user was not added to the list of notification recipients in the Device settings. Only the Admin was in the Device settings.

But! Immediately found an error, which was confusing … The fact is that I (the administrator) on my phone logged out of the admin’s account and logged in under the user’s account (which is not in the list of notifications), but nevertheless I got a notification on the phone kept coming! That is, the user is not in the list, but notifications are coming.
Such is the confusion.

Found another mistake (as I understand it).
In the notification settings in the template there is a setting to limit the number of notifications per unit of time, I have set - 1 min. Due to an error in my code, the controller sent notifications in each cycle, as a result the phone received more than 90 notifications in one second … How is this possible if the number limit in the template setting is set - no more than one per minute?
It turned out that due to an error we have expired the limit of notifications for the day …

I would like to ask that this limit (100) be increased, as there is a situation when many messages fly away at once, the limit is exhausted and the notification function is not available, and it is very necessary … I do not think it has any excess load on the server, but can severely interfere with work, in some cases. Well, either make a reset button so that you can manually reset the limit if there is an emergency and a large number of notifications. Well, so you can restore the notification function.
Thank you.

I’d suggest using a flag in your sketch instead.

I don’t see how that’s possible. Notifications are triggered be Events, and sending multiple events within the same one minute period will result in the additional ones being ignored.

Pete.

Another mistake.
In the web management console, in the schedule settings, the Y-axis scale is set: -30 - 50; in the operation of the device, the actual graph scale: -50 - 50. It seems that the actual scale remains in automatic mode, although in the auto settings the mode is off.

Maybe you misunderstood me. The event (same) was sent in each controller cycle. This is due to my error in the code, I have already fixed it.
The limit in the template is set - 1 min. But, nevertheless, the phone received more than 90 messages in the notification list in one second - this is a fact, I can attach a screenshot.

Maybe you’re misunderstanding the difference between pop-up notification alerts, which appear on your phone’s home screen, and the “Send to Timeline” and “Send to Notifications tab” options available within the Event setup screen.

It might help if you read this to understand more about Notifications…

Also, rather than dumping observations about a perceived issue with the chart functionality of the web dashboard in a topic entitled “Blynk 2.0 Notifications…” it would be better to start a new topic about that problem, and include information about how the datastream that you’re attempting to plot is configured.

The same apples to development ideas about a facility to manually reset the event and/or notifications timers.

As you’ve stated that the initial issue you reported is now resolved, I’ve marked this topic as “Solved” and set a timer to automatically close the topic in 2 days.

Pete.

Thank you, I understand about offtopic, I’ll fix it.

The documentation states:
"Limits number of notifications to one notification for a specified time period.
Example: 1hr 20min range means end-users will only get one notification within 1 hour 20 minutes even if hardware or API sends more."
How is it possible that what is in the screenshot, when setting the limit - 1 min.?

If the restriction does not apply to the list that I provided in the screenshot, but to pop-up notifications on the main screen of the phone, then, sorry, this is an incorrect description of the documentation, because this list (in the screenshot) opens exactly when the “NOTIFICATIONS” button is pressed.
Thank you.

I agree that it’s an issue with the Notifications Tab having a very similar name to Notifications that pop-up on the home screen of the device.

Pete.

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.