Blynk 2.0 Local server

To be fair to Blynk, it was announced over 2 years ago that the concept of energy would be abandoned…

And if I went to Adobe and said “I bought a Photoshop v1.0 in 1990 and it cost me almost $1000, I’d like a free upgrade to Photoshop v22 because I spent so much money with you in the past” then their sales guys would be rolling on the floor laughing.

Blynk 2.0 is a totally new product, with lots of new features and you’re getting all of that for free, or at an extremely low cost per additional device.

Pete.

4 Likes

He said :

:thinking:

3 Likes

@gab.lau added basic support for the websockets on the new cloud - Blynk IoT (new version) with Node-Red - #4 by Dmitriy. I think it should just work.

2 Likes

Dmitry, оf course, you have done a titanic job and want your project to be profitable. For me, as an engineer, the new version of blink turned out to be more difficult to understand than in version V1, probably the first version was designed for non-programmers, everything is very detailed with examples. In V2, I do not see any differences or the composition of the code for running a minimal application, the description reminds me of many documents of different programming languages. For programmers, this is possible and sufficient. If there is a more approximate description of the first version, it would be easier to switch to the second version. Question on the first version - as far as I understand the application technically allows you to control the launch and use of widgets even with a local server, it is enough to make an additional request to the cloud when adding a widget. Why didn’t you do that? Hence the problems with the low profitability of the project. A local server is a completely free gift to all of us ;). Although I personally was willing to pay and paid a reasonable fee for using the widgets, I quickly switched to the local version as a result, some money remained unclaimed. By the way, can this money be transferred to Version 2.0?

1 Like

I worked out the documentation, checked the new features, everything really works! Tell me if there is a list of new/outdated widgets somewhere to understand what needs to be changed in the code, and the second is it possible to use the funds ( $ $ ) for the first version of V1?

Do I understand correctly that there is no access to physical PINs now ?

No physical pins, no RTC, no bridge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great, this is exactly what I did not use in the projects.

2 Likes

We’ll add them back 100% at some point. We just had to cut corners when we were implementing all requests from our business users. the funny thing here is that we don’t have a single client that uses physical PINs directly. But for the first time experience, this is really great thing.

Timer, RTC, TimeInput, Bridge widgets removed. They could be replaced with automations. Yes, automations not yet fully, on 100% cover those widgets, but for most users, it will work just fine.

DeviceSelector is removed, as we use Tiles instead on the main screen.
The table widget is removed, will be reimplemented.

Email, Notifications widgets are removed as you can use Template Events instead.

no RTC

RTC is there. @vshymanskyy will prepare the doc soon if he doesn’t yet.

Automations cover that, not for 100%. But partially.

We’ll think what we can do.

1 Like

We did a lot of mistakes :slight_smile: . The biggest one, from my point of view - is that we’re fully free for the first year. So we lost an opportunity for A-B testing, play with pricing, find better models, etc. Then we got few business contracts and we start moving in Blynk 2.0 direction. So the business clients are the main source of income for us, so we have to listen to the business requirements in the first place.

I personally think - this is super cool. From the company point of view - this is very bad. We’ll continue to search the balance between the paid features and free things. Who knows what we’ll get at the end. We’ll see.

So , how do you send value from one MCU to others using automation , and how do you get real-time as well as RTC widget ?

I may have found an error. The list of automation rules says “OFF”, although the rule itself says " ON". https://yadi.sk/d/riG-K6y5J3upIQ

Do you mean the slide switch at the bottom left?
Isn’t this to activate or deactivate the automation rule, as opposed to indicating the on/off status of the device being controlled by the automation?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Pete.

@Yury can’t open your link. Are you able to attach the image here? Or maybe describe with words.

You’re right, right now it’s can’t be done, you can send only “control” commands, like if device1.temp > 10 set device2.switch = off.
However this thing in the roadmap. So it will be delivered very soon.

1 Like

These are the images from the link…

Pete.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply , waiting…
What about RTC?

If you have your own server, you dont have to keep your void loop clean, right Pete? You can flood it all you want.

1 Like

You can change the settings in the server properties to allow more writes per second, but ultimately you’ll still run into problems if your code is written badly.

Pete.

1 Like

I attach a screenshot here!

will there be bridge feature in new blynk?