Blynk 2.0 - Adding multiple devices to one template

The hardest part (writing your device firmware) is done, and it’s 99% compatible with Blynk 2.0
But yes, you’ll have to re-compile the firmware and perform Web and App Dashboards configuration.

1. No local server

Currently not on the roadmap. But I’m personally very eager to make it happen.

1. No projects to aggregate different types of devices

On the roadmap. But no ETA

Work in progress.

No possibillity for add several devices to one project, but there using alot of time developing an dark theme? Strange priority.

It’s not. Theme is very beneficial for white label clients as it allows even more customzations and thus allows us to sell more white label solutions.

3 Likes

Agreed

Please I want to understand the second option well do you mean we can use one token, different datastream on multiple device

I agree 100%, i run a local server on the legacy app, one project containing 6 devices and 16 buttons all in One template…oh so easy and user friendly, Today i received an in app message saying the legacy app will discontinue from December 2022, so i looked into creating the Blynk IOT App and i must say it is anything but user friendly, the logic of having different templates per device has got to be changed up front as a matter of importance. Migration should mean just that, a like for like migration. i cannot change over to the subscription IOT platform until the project interface is launched.

Actually, it’s the legacy cloud servers great will shut down in December.

The legacy app will be removed from the app/play stores at the end of this month.

Pete.

Yep, it’s a year and still no support fore more devices in one project :roll_eyes: Legacy app will bee shut down in December and now what. I have dozens sensors in my flat in one project, then other sensors outside in my bee hives in next project, next sensors in garden (next project). In new Blynk application is one huge dashboard with all sensors in one page and it’s absolutely unusable. So HOW I can migrate to the new Blynk and achieve same functionality (multiple devices in one project)? It is possible or not?

2 Likes

Migration is one problem. And the other is there is 2 devices free per account. If you have more then 2 devices then you will have to subscribe to a plan.

It takes the FREE DASHBOARD as in Blynk 1 which allows you to unify multiple devices in one or more pages instead of these horrible tiles, each device a tiles is really very inconvenient …

1 Like

There is a walk around. I don’t know if this is wrong or has cons of doing this.

You can use same template id for all your devices and devices should not share the same virtual pins what so ever.

As soon as you bring your device online and add the data streams, add your widget it will all be in one single place. Try this out.

I have tried it and it works.

@Madhukesh if you mean having the same Auth token for each device then that’s a very bad move, also it won’t work if you use Edgent.

The bottom line is that you really need a Plus subscription if you’re doing any semi- serious work in Blynk IoT, and you currently need to look at wasps to combine data from multiple devices into one tile - such as HTTP(S) API as a form of Bridge, or Node-Red.

Pete.

It does work. I have tried it. ( only template id n device name) first 2 lines in the code.

As i said earlier i dont know if this is the right way to do. I was just trying to combine all my devices and it worked out just fine.

Can you please shed some light on this ? Provide a good link that everyone can go through it !!

Thank you .

I already use a single BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID but the devices must all be the same, for example if I use the V0 datastream for the gauge this will be used on all the other gauges present, this is not very good.

in the attached photo instead the dashboard made with blynk 1, where the garage button is a Wemos d1 mini - delete button a NodeMcu and so on, so I have the possibility to have many devices in a single panel and I can expand them using the “pages” instead of these horrible tiles present on blynk iot.

I wonder … why not let the user choose which dashboard to use?

Then each device that’s added and provisioned via + Add Device will count towards your device total.

I don’t know of a way to make it work with an Arduino + ESP-01 in AT WiFi modem mode though.

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Pete, my comment was really about the lack of project templates, i want to pay the subscription but not in it’s current state, if i do it now i will need to redo it when projects are released…when, i don’t know what the road map is. i will most likely end up doing it twice.

So, just to make things clear: Is there any plan tu support Projects in new Blynk? If yes, when? If no, does anyone know of any other usable platform?

By “Projects” do you mean the ability to add a widget to a screen in the mobile dashboard and select which device it will be connected to - thereby amalgamating widgets relating to multiple devices into one app screen?

I have widgets on a single mobile dashboard which show data from different devices and allow me to control those devices independently.
I achieve this through having a single Blynk device, which is connected to Blynk via Node-Red. This is in effect a ‘virtual’ device, as it doesn’t represent a physical MCU board.
Then, each of my actual MCU boards, plus some other things, talk to Node-Red via MQTT messaging.
Blynk is totally unaware of these physical devices, just the one ‘virtual’ device.

Let’s say I have a widget attached to virtual pin 10 and another attached to virtual pin 20 in the Blynk app tile for that virtual device. I use Node-Red to send the command from pin V10 to one of my physical devices, and commands from V20 to another.
It works the same in reverse for data visualisation, the data from the various devices go into Node-Red, and are sent to the app on different virtual pins.

Node-Red also has some other great functionality. I can use it as a Rules Engine, so if a reading from Device A exceeds a preset level, and it’s a Tuesday, and it’s dark outside, then activate a relay connected to Device B - and light an LED on the Blynk dashboard.

Node-Red also allows integration with devices like Alexa, so if you ask Alexa to turn a light on or off you can also change the status of the on/off button for that device in your Blynk dashboard.

Sounds like a lot of work? Yes, but less work than migrating to a totally different system.

Pete.

1 Like

Same problem, the dashboard with TILES is horrible it doesn’t allow you to unify multiple devices in a single PROJECT as in legacy. Here is a photo where each button corresponds to a different device such as NodeMcu, Arduino, Wemos D1mini etc … in a single screen