Blynk 1.0 (legacy) retirement timeline announced!

Start by reading the documentation

https://docs.blynk.io/en/blynk-1.0-and-2.0-comparison

Pete.

A post was split to a new topic: Need help migrating

Hi, i’m a student in a college and i was working on a project after a tutorial, the tutorial used blynk legacy and when i downloaded it i could register as you know why, so can you help me by any chance with your account, i will not graduate if i didn’t complete that project.

Nobody will give their login credentials to their account. You can’t even think about it.

Instead what i suggest to do is, start migrating your old project to the new platform. If you have difficulties during the process you can post the code and seek help.

The only problem i have is the gps stream button how do i send my phone location to the project the old verssion had that button but the new one no, can you help me with that

@Mohamed_00 please don’t ask the same question in two different places, it gets very messy when people start responding in both places.

If anyone wants to resp) d to @Mohamed_00’s question please do it in this topic…

Pete.

Would it be possible to keep the legacy server & app as a paid subscription?

At the very least that would give more time to migrate - but would also help all the people who would just like what they’ve built to continue working.

1 Like

@SimonR that has been asked a thousand times before, and it’s just not going to happen.
Blynk have stopped supporting and developing the Legacy system and will turn the servers off at the end of the year.
This has been on the horizon for quite some time now, and you have 6 months to migrate. I’d spend that time wisely, rather than hoping that there is going to be some sort of reprieve.

Pete.

That may be - but I only found out about this yesterday. Since everything has been working fine for years, there was no reason to look on this forum.

I only found out about it after someone on another forum asked for help getting Blynk2 to work. He, like I suspect a lot of users, had no real understanding of it & just copy & pasted code to make his work. You could argue he should spend the time learning to code properly - but that’s a steep climb for many people.

Once I looked at it, it was really simple to migrate - but for him, it seemed overwhelming. We have sorted his problem now, it seemed to be down to the core version of his ESP32 - but that’s a deep dive for copy & paste programmers!

There must be many others in similar positions - so I thought it worth asking the question.
After all, the more people ask, the more likely something is to happen. Maybe if it’s asked a thousand more times, it will!

1 Like

I hope your company has to go through what I go through in the coming months. Over the years I have paid every single euro for your widgets and developing sensors to make my home automation. Now I would have to redo everything to switch to the new version with exorbitant prices. I prefer to redo everything and switch to a new product, perhaps open source and which does not behave in this shady way.

2 Likes

Already asked more than one thousand times, so I don’t think we should expect any changes :wink:

@ltonini80 your post was flagged by the system as requiring approval before being released, and I was in two mind about it, because it doesn’t really meet the forum guidelines
However, I have released it, but please be be aware of the guidelines for any future posts that you make.

I guess that pricing is a matter of perspective, but the Plus plan, which is what most ‘makers’ probably need, cost less than a typical subscription to Amazon Prime, Netflix, Spotify etc.

You should also have received a promo code for a 50% discount on your first year’s subscription.

As far as migrating C++ code from Blynk Legacy to Blynk IoT is concerned, it certainly isn’t a case of having to re-do everything. In fact, it can be as simple as adding three extra lines of code to the beginning of the sketch and re-compiling using the latest version of the Blynk library.

Pete.

Everything in this world is relative.
I understand that for most countries in Europe and for USA, Blynk rates are insignificant.
But there are many countries for which even the Plus tariff is very noticeable, and the Pro tariff is not realistic at all.
My subjective opinion is that Blink’s authors should understand this better than anyone else, since they themselves are from Ukraine.
But this is my opinion, I do not consider it the only correct one and I do not impose it on anyone.

2 Likes

I’ve 107 Widgets for 7 device all buy!!

And i’ve 700 energy in my account.

I bought a lifetime supply of energy just before it was announced that Blynk IoT wouldn’t use energy…

but that’s how things go sometimes.

Pete.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2022-06-20_182532

But mine was on the cloud servers, not local :confused:

Pete.

1 Like

I have my water pump to my house controlled by Blynk. With spotty internet, I run it on my local Blynk server. Even though I am cheap, money isn’t so much the issue, but migrating to an external server really isn’t the way I want to go. Fortunately my code will run the pump regardless of whether Blynk is connected or not but my low pressure and low water alarms won’t work without Blynk. I think I’m going to try to hold out with the legacy product and side loading the apk on future phones. It’s just working so well though that the rub seems to be don’t fix what’s not broken . . . At least not broken yet.

Phillip

1 Like

The problem is not that it doesn’t work. The problem is that it works for free)