BLE Widget and BBC Microbit

Hi. Please bear with me. I’m completely new to this type of coding. I work in industry and With PLC Controllers every day but this is completely new to me. I’m working on a project. Long story but I’m using for now a microbit as it’s something I had to hand having bought one for my son to get used to coding. I really want to use the Blynk system and have followed the step by step instructions from Blynk on how to connect the micro:bit to Blynk using BLE widget.

I followed these instructions

http://help.blynk.cc/en/articles/785447-bbc-micro-bit-arduino-ide

And apart from needing to reinstall a few things as it looked like they were corrupted during unpack etc everything works great when using the example sketch provided by Blynk as per the above link…that is until I try to connect my iPhone 11 Pro to the micro:bit using BLE widget in Blynk. The widget finds the device “Blynk” as it should do, but when it goes to connect it says “connecting” and eventually fails saying “can’t connect please retry or choose another device”. Any ideas?

Eventually the project I’m working on will actually be connected to my phone via wifi but I’m yet to decide on the right hardware so I’m just testing the concept via Bluetooth (hopefully) using the micro:bit

Thanks for any advice

Also I realise BLE is in beta, my understanding is that’s it’s been in beta for at least four years so I’m wondering if it will ever be “finished” by Blynk. Or am I totally incorrect with this?

Ironically if I’d decided to use a PLC controller I’d be up and running by now :disappointed: but I wanted to learn something new and the project is a little over the top for an industrial controller

Are you seeing any “packet too big” messages?
If so, you might want to read this:

Pete.

Hi Pete. Thanks for the reply. I don’t get any other messages other than the “can’t connect” error. But I will have a good read of the thread you refer to. Is there any other way of reading more about the error?