BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

BLE - HM-10/HC-08 iOS

So I bought a HM-10 clone -> SH-HC-08 because I thought it was compatible, at least beta. I’ve scoured through forums going back 3 years and there are no real solutions. The module was tested with other apps to confirm its working. Baud is default 9600 according to the specs sheets. I am working with the example sketch Blynky Blink . I have reversed the RX/TX pins to no avail. I have a cloned nano and have tried pins 10,11 and 6,7. I have an iphone X, so I cannot use the beta app but if someone knows if I can get a beta library or some other solutions would be appreciated.

Also another thing I would like to ask is my BlynkysimpleBLE.h or however is always grayed out but I have confirmed it’s in my library which I have done 2 clean installs of. Would this cause problems?

I usually get 3 or more lines of connecting in console and then it timesout. The BLE module would be best for my scenario because it’s more compact. Thanks in advanced.

0 Likes

Not even the iOS beta App?

Can you clarify… grayed out where??
PS there is no 2nd y in Blynk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BT/BLE still requires the App, Server and MCU, just as Wifi based MCU does… so how is it more compact?

0 Likes

Sorry. I did not know there was a beta app for iOS! My only other option is a esp8266 module. If I try to use the breakout board it will not fit into my project without Mad Maxing it. Thanks again!

And the BlynksimpleBLE.h is always grayed in sketches but I haven’t gotten any errors uploading the sketches.

If problems persists would the esp 8266 work with a nano? Software serial should work? Because it’s not a drop down option, plug and play.

0 Likes

I still cannot connect to SH-HC-08 with the beta app. I modified the Blynk Blink sketch to include
void loop()
{
if (SerialBLE.available()) {
Blynk.run();
}

because I read somewhere that it might help.

Has anyone gotten a hm-10 or hc-08 working with iOS? Can you share the steps you’ve taken to make it work seamlessly.

0 Likes

I haven’t ever made BT/BLE work seamlessly, reliably, etc. At least with Blynk… so I guess that is my point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think you are confusing the IDE’s colouring scheme as an issue… that’s just the way it looks.

Yes, I use the ESP-01 as a WiFi shield on a few different Arduinos, it has its detractors and can be persnickety to set up for some, but once done it is seamless. I even use one programmed as a “standalone” Blynk project, and it works perfectly as long as you only need 2 (or possibly 3) pins,

0 Likes

Yes, with my module through the serial monitor it says ESP is not responding, but on the app I can connect to my project. Is this right?

0 Likes

I don’t understand the context of the question… ESP WiFi or Arduino BT/BLE?

0 Likes

Sorry. I am trying with the ESP Wifi now.

0 Likes

Then please setup a new topic with details. Thanks.

0 Likes