Goal: Transfer water meter data to mobile phone using home wi-fi. Use AA batteries for power.
Project Waterius: https://github.com/dontsovcmc/waterius
How it works: It consists of 2 chips: Attiny85 in deep sleep mode. It counts impulses and wakes up ESP-01 to transfer data to Blynk every day.
Power: 3 * AA batteries (or 2 * AA lithium batteries without voltage regulator).
Current: 15-20uA in deep sleep, 75mA when transmitting for ~5sec.
Livetime: estimated lifetime 4 years (!)
- clone Blynk project by QR code
- copy ESP8266 device KEY to phone clipboard
- connect device to water meters dry contacts
- push button to turn on Active Point (192.168.4.1)
- connect to Active Point and fill:
- your home wi-fi title, password
- Blynk device KEY
- current water meter values
- after 3 minutes Waterius will send you a values to check connection
- now you will receive a values every day
V0 - water meter #1
V1 - water meter #2
V2 - voltage
V3 - value #1 delta
V4 - value #2 delta